Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Old 08-31-2023, 01:00 AM
Banned

^
Yea my shirt was fuckin drenched, had to peel it off

If I recall our ability to sweat is what would cause a horse to keel over and die if it tried to match us at distance runs in higher temps
Old 08-31-2023, 01:06 PM
Sarnak

i took this whole week off with the heat

i have a 5-day backpacking trip in olympic national park next week and didn't want to risk an injury or anything leading up to it

not like a lot would change with one more week of working out anyway, already laid the foundation the past few months
Old 08-31-2023, 01:20 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by booter [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
i took this whole week off with the heat

i have a 5-day backpacking trip in olympic national park next week and didn't want to risk an injury or anything leading up to it

not like a lot would change with one more week of working out anyway, already laid the foundation the past few months
Hah I just moved to Seattle, our NP's have been CRAZY this summer but its mostly relegated to the more accessible areas. The subalpine meadows around Paradise on Rainier got completely trampled by stargazers a few weeks back at peak wildflower season. Good weather. Gonna do Olympic this fall and training for Rainier next summer.
Old 08-31-2023, 02:07 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lune [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hah I just moved to Seattle, our NP's have been CRAZY this summer but its mostly relegated to the more accessible areas. The subalpine meadows around Paradise on Rainier got completely trampled by stargazers a few weeks back at peak wildflower season. Good weather. Gonna do Olympic this fall and training for Rainier next summer.
Welcome to the neighborhood man [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 08-31-2023, 08:19 PM
Banned

Speaking of hydration and re-hydration, MPMD did a deep dive attacking Logan Paul’s Prime drink scam. I like most of MPMD’s content, but this one seems a bit long-winded and tangential, although the information is still very good

Philion also the same day released a video on it, which I haven’t watched as much of, but seems to be a bit more succinct

I personally had already known that certain foods (veggies, fruits) are actually better at re-hydrating the body than water, and that replacing lost sodium is more important than just consuming lots of water

What I did not know is that simply consuming large quantities of water in a high temp endurance activity like an ultra-marathon WITHOUT replacing lost sodium (among other nutrients) can actually prove fatal

Both vids for anyone interested (which I understand I might be more interested than most living in a desert state):

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=

Old 08-31-2023, 11:37 PM
Banned

Bout to go on a run and this hits

I’m still fuckin going, but God maybe try cutting me a break sometime? Gym pool is out of commission so can’t swim laps for cardio
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_2849.jpg (23.4 KB, 0 views)
Old 08-31-2023, 11:43 PM
Planar Protector

Do not miss that shit about living in Phoenix. How can your lungs not be fucked running in that
Old 08-31-2023, 11:47 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by unsunghero [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Bout to go on a run and this hits

I’m still fuckin going, but God maybe try cutting me a break sometime? Gym pool is out of commission so can’t swim laps for cardio

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I was just seeing this in the Sun Devils game.

Don't go man! That's dumb

e: they're in a weather delay go home
Last edited by aussenseiter; 08-31-2023 at 11:56 PM..
Old 09-01-2023, 12:22 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussenseiter [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I was just seeing this in the Sun Devils game.

Don't go man! That's dumb

e: they're in a weather delay go home
Well that was pretty wild

Gusts of wind were strong enough to suddenly shove me a foot off course at 215lbs, that’s powerful wind

And it was a good thing I could run the route blind because I had to keep my eyes in a squint (or one closed) to not blink out my contacts

But man, when I was facing north and the wind was at my back, that was wild! It was literally like I was being carried and just had to lift my feet up

Started getting dumped on with rain so turned in after only a few laps, probably only went 2.5-3 miles

I was running by cars pulled over like “you pussies!” Good thing I’m immune to valley fever, because I inhaled a decent amount of dust. Tried to breathe through my nose as much as possible to get some filtration…
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_2850.jpg (9.0 KB, 0 views)
Old 09-01-2023, 01:06 PM
Banned

I like how he keeps repeating “I’m probably a lot stronger than you guys” throughout his training instruction video, very Tate