Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Old 10-10-2023, 11:05 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnetaress [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yeah I was wondering if I should just live abroad. Somewhere that gives perpetual tourist visas good health bennies maybe.
I went there for a month for the first time in February earlier this year. And it was amazing. So many people speak english, the people and culture are ridiculously kind. Food is delish. And no visa required. Just book the flight and you're good to go. I have another trip booked in January for over a month, I cannot wait!

I always thought i'd just be in my home town, happy, and content for the rest of my life, but after spending some time down there i realized, the potential for happiness in life could be so much higher.

I suggest everybody just book an adventure outside of this country for a significant amount of time. Not just a week or 2, but enough time to truly take in another countries culture. It completely changes your perspective on things.

Did I mention the exchange rate over there is fuckin craaazy?!
Old 10-10-2023, 11:30 AM
Planar Protector

sloppy job, mossad
Old 10-10-2023, 11:37 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by strongNpretty [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I always thought i'd just be in my home town, happy, and content for the rest of my life, but after spending some time down there i realized, the potential for happiness in life could be so much higher.
So true. I’m a different person when I’m living in Greece and Greece ain’t even so hot (metaphorically).

Gorgen (Blue) - Agnostic Troll Warrior of the XXXI Dung

Old 10-10-2023, 12:14 PM
Banned

Quote:
I was at a shitty crustpunk bar once getting an after-work beer. One of those shitholes where the bartenders clearly hate you. So the bartender and I were ignoring one another when someone sits next to me and he immediately says, "no. get out."

And the dude next to me says, "hey i'm not doing anything, i'm a paying customer." and the bartender reaches under the counter for a bat or something and says, "out. now." and the dude leaves, kind of yelling. And he was dressed in a punk uniform, I noticed

Anyway, I asked what that was about and the bartender was like, "you didn't see his vest but it was all nazi shit. Iron crosses and stuff. You get to recognize them."

And i was like, ohok and he continues.

"you have to nip it in the bud immediately. These guys come in and it's always a nice, polite one. And you serve them because you don't want to cause a scene. And then they become a regular and after awhile they bring a friend. And that dude is cool too.

And then THEY bring friends and the friends bring friends and they stop being cool and then you realize, oh shit, this is a Nazi bar now. And it's too late because they're entrenched and if you try to kick them out, they cause a PROBLEM. So you have to shut them down.

And i was like, 'oh damn.' and he said "yeah, you have to ignore their reasonable arguments because their end goal is to be terrible, awful people."

And then he went back to ignoring me. But I haven't forgotten that at all.
Old 10-10-2023, 12:26 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by silo32 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I have been evicted from my apartment yet again. No reason was given.

This makes 109 apartments I have been evicted from. Various states all over the country.

I never do anything wrong ever, so I'm just wondering what could randomly make me be evicted from 109 different apartment complexes?

They aren't in contact and this has happened over an extended period of time.

I am just so unlucky I guess because this is not my fault.
This reads like a tongue-in-cheek parody of an RnF post about someone being banned
Old 10-10-2023, 12:27 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by strongNpretty [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I went there for a month for the first time in February earlier this year. And it was amazing. So many people speak english, the people and culture are ridiculously kind. Food is delish. And no visa required. Just book the flight and you're good to go. I have another trip booked in January for over a month, I cannot wait!

I suggest everybody just book an adventure outside of this country for a significant amount of time. Not just a week or 2, but enough time to truly take in another countries culture. It completely changes your perspective on things.

Did I mention the exchange rate over there is fuckin craaazy?!
Shit, if you can't afford to go live somewhere internationally and you've never lived in a big city in this country you should go live in one for a year or 2. Even something as simple as that can help educate your perspective.
Old 10-10-2023, 12:43 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd288 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This reads like a tongue-in-cheek parody of an RnF post about someone being banned
Yea I was gonna say how does someone even manage to get evicted from 109 apartments?

I think that would show up on either a background check or credit report or something. You wouldn’t be able to keep getting into new ones
Old 10-10-2023, 12:54 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd288 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Shit, if you can't afford to go live somewhere internationally and you've never lived in a big city in this country you should go live in one for a year or 2. Even something as simple as that can help educate your perspective.
Wait, what? I'm not sure why, but your post is extremely confusing to me for some reason, based on the information i have provided....
Old 10-10-2023, 12:56 PM
Planar Protector

if you get kicked out of 109 of anything, the problem is you
Old 10-10-2023, 01:59 PM
Fire Giant

Execute order 109