Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 08-03-2015, 01:56 PM
Fire Giant

^^^ You presented a logical, rational, emotionless thought, and gave sensible reasons. Prepare your flame suit.
Bhear Ghrillz - Level 51 Druid - Dial A Port | Oggre - Level 44 Warrior | Revenance Vampirus - Level 40 Necromancer | Mottley Crue - Level 30 Rogue | Renovatio - Level 3 Cleric | Abradolf Lincler - Level 40 Cleric | Drowning - Level 35 Enchanter | Oradan Omnipotent - Level 57 Magician | Chubbz Zilla - Level 40 Monk - Scaled Brotherhood
Old 08-03-2015, 02:03 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by nilbog [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You know the classic ui (prekunark->velious), you could just press f10, for fullscreen?

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Holly still causing tears 15 years later.
Old 08-03-2015, 02:05 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dartmon6511 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So I am a "2015" player, and have no problem admitting that against the crowd census that we are all pieces of crap who don't know anything. These forums also are an exact antithesis of the players that I interact with everyday on the server, and is quite eye-opening to the antics and childishness that takes place. But lets get on with the topic at hand here...

I am a fan of the Luclin models by far because classic models clearly look like they're made of legos. If a player wants Luclin models they should be able to change it. If they want Classic, just don't change the GlobalLoad to reflect it. DEV's want to control personal preference in the name of reminiscent P99 world that they are creating, but when it's client side, some leeway should be given. I think it would be easier to fix the small Luclin model bugs rather than scrapping the client side preference of many, many players.

I understand that the DEVs goal is to bring it as classic as possible, but to be honest there are much bigger fish to fry than getting rid of Luclin models, especially when it's something that is purely for the players own aesthetic preferences. But as a F2P Emu, not much complaining should be done and we should take it for what it's worth rather than trying to fight it in the end.
FWIW, I don't believe you are in a position to judge the complexity of fixing issues in this extremely complicated piece of software. Maybe it's easy, maybe it's hard. But don't just assume that it's easy to fix bugs. We are at the mercy of an unpaid software dev to decide what is worth his time.
Old 08-03-2015, 02:06 PM
Sarnak

It's a shame they force this upon us blue, when red seems to be the only place where there are "issues".
Old 08-03-2015, 02:33 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by nilbog [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You know the classic ui (prekunark->velious), you could just press f10, for fullscreen?

Hi Nilbog,

Whoa .. whoa .. whoa ..

Do you mean to say that instead of this, I could have played with this back mid 2001?

Y'see, I joined Live a trifle tardy during SoV in April 2001, and distinctly remember ye old Classic UI (as well as book-in-the-face). I don't remember using a translucent UI until Luclin (plus multi-chat windows, and global chat channels).

Would we be able to resize the chat windows?

This could change everything!
Riotgirl - formerly High Elf Enchanter | Ayonae Ro
Last edited by Riotgirl; 08-03-2015 at 02:35 PM..
Old 08-03-2015, 02:47 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleris [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
looks like log readers still allowed with new eula.
I'm glad to see the EULA now ingame, as it just puts it as firmly as it always should have been.

even Map overlays, are 100% allowed, as long as they only get data from the log files.
Until they change that, whatever Sirken said in whichever stream he did, is not relevant, as you cannot expect people to watch 80 streams to figure out a tiny addon to a set of rules.

Thanks for the EULA, and regarding the models, who cares... the classic ones arent that bad to be honest :)
(i frankly, find the Luclin ones more ugly than the classic ones, because they look like they were made with the spirit of Final Fantasy 7, as in, Tried to make it so pretty, that it didnt look pretty anymore )

//Dnatabar
Dryse of Homeland Security @ Blue
Old 08-03-2015, 02:55 PM
Fire Giant

Here is what the classic UI looked like and how it worked.

Press F10 once and you get the transparent mode below.

Press F10 again and you get the screenshot mode below.

Old 08-03-2015, 03:11 PM
Planar Protector

Pras!

I no longer need worry myself that the peeps around me may be viewing my character as a bastardized Luclin hosebeast. Eru femmes really got the short end of the stick with Luclin.
Old 08-03-2015, 03:24 PM
Planar Protector

"Short end?" Eru femmes are the most gorgeous non-furry of all with Luclin.
Old 08-03-2015, 03:40 PM
Orc

Eh, it is what it is. Can see the community here for what it really is now. Someone asked about luclin models, and has now turned into people bitching about people bitching......

It was hard enough to get new people to settle with the somewhat more up to date luclin models. When they saw classic models instantly laughed and said no way in hell. We all grew up just like most of you with EQ, and was able to enjoy p99 alongside all of you "shits not classic" ppl with no problem at all.
Is there a mass exodus? nope. Do you care if anyone does leave over this? def not. Just sucks that what we thought was our home for about a year is now rekt for no reason whatsoever. Now our group is split and dieing =(
Just seemed like a pretty dumb thing to enforce, when effort could have been served much better elsewhere.
But hey my join date is after 2010 so that's none of my business.
Closed Thread