Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 08-04-2015, 02:16 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaela [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I haven't noticed any clear statement about "no more luclin models from now on" or anything like that.
The development staff made it a point to put in a check that requires Luclin models are disabled in order for you to play their server — and your patcher is deliberately circumventing that.

You can agree with it or disagree, but let's not pretend that it's unclear.
Old 08-04-2015, 02:29 AM
Large Bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sage Truthbearer [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The development staff made it a point to put in a check that requires Luclin models are disabled in order for you to play their server — and your patcher is deliberately circumventing that.

If she gets banned for making the work around, but the people who were exploiting the problem originally dont get banned, then that is complete BS
Old 08-04-2015, 05:30 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaela [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Thanks for that. Cramming all the lgequip* data in seems to have fixed everything. Pretty complete workaround now.

Use it while you can: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...ide%20Door.zip

Open source and all that (it's all scripts). Just unzip, launch exe, point it at your EQ folder when prompted, select what you want, hit the button and give it a good while to do its work. Only uses files you already have in your EQ folder, and creates a backup of the things it changes.
Can a dev confirm/deny if this is allowed? Don't wanna get banned over silly models which I think should have been left allowed..
Old 08-04-2015, 08:15 AM
Kobold

P99 = Classic models
P2002 = Luclin models

If you like Luclin models and tolerate up to 3-boxing and PoK books then P2002 (Al'Kabor) is for you.
Old 08-04-2015, 09:06 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sage Truthbearer [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I see what you're saying, but he is right. There was no offical announcement about luclin models not being allowed anymore. From what I gather they just stopped working as there is a check in place. Has there been any official announcement that I've missed?
Old 08-04-2015, 10:00 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeonick [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I see what you're saying, but he is right. There was no offical announcement about luclin models not being allowed anymore. From what I gather they just stopped working as there is a check in place. Has there been any official announcement that I've missed?
You could try reading the p99 EULA that comes up when you start the client now. They explicitly disallow modifying the client, you can have account perma-banned for it. It just might not be worth the risk.

Hard to be more official than that, I think. Not all players read forums, all players launch the game to play.
Old 08-04-2015, 12:04 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaev [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You could try reading the p99 EULA that comes up when you start the client now. They explicitly disallow modifying the client, you can have account perma-banned for it. It just might not be worth the risk.

Hard to be more official than that, I think. Not all players read forums, all players launch the game to play.
Except for the fact that changing your "own" files is not modifying the client. If that were the case, everyone who plays should be perma-banned because I doubt anyone uses the original UI.
Old 08-04-2015, 12:38 PM
Banned

Not using the original UI = / = modifying the client.

You guys sure are desperate to make this okay. Though if you read the EULA.....
Old 08-04-2015, 01:08 PM
Aviak

IF Luclin models are "allowed" as it is, so would any other model that can potentionally give an advantage.

Make a model that is tiny, for all races, client side, but since the game relies a lot on client information, it is an advantage.

But modiying game files ( which is exactly what this is ), is against the EULA.
Modiying UI, is technically not allowed either, according to the EULA.
But that doesnt mean it is what they meant.

Although, they hopefully wont do anything about it until the EULA says what they actually intend it too.

Which is also why Map Overlays, GINA and all such are 100% legit.
Even more so, since the EULA explicitly allows it
Last edited by dnatabar; 08-04-2015 at 01:12 PM..
Old 08-04-2015, 01:17 PM
Planar Protector

EULA for a 15 year old elf simulator. sounds serious.