Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 06-24-2016, 12:14 PM
Aviak

Cool Really buggy crap

Ok now I've reinstalled for the 3rd time in less than 24 hours time. first time I was able to log in but froze zoning 6 times in less than 20 minutes. no real issue actually getting into game. then came to nektulos forest and grey screen minus ui windows which were fine. saw people only but as if through heavy rainstorm. and looked like they were falling through the world. took advice of people online and reinstalled. same thing for nek forest. this third time I noticed when I needed to delete the 6 files that some in game had an a at end. didn't notice this before. however now that I've deleted the correct files I can't even get past character select without being dumped to Account name/login screen and most the time it dumps me to that from server select. I also deleted eq1 live from my comp just to make sure there were no issues due to that. I've got rl friends I'd love to play with again but this is really frustrating because I quit this game due to all the bugginess I couldn't overcome. and this bugginess is 10 times worse.

I've looked over the forums for fixes for this that and the other. I tried to do the duxa? (not sure if I spelled that correctly). install helper but each time I got to install eqemu it said it wasn't present so I couldn't actually do anything with it. iv'e not done any go to single core from 2 cores issues since I don't understand that completely and don't want to screw my comp up. checked drivers. all are current. double checked some file that supposed to connect to port 5998? (whatever number it was is the one it's supposed to connect to). I even did a scan disk check and a defrag to see if that would help any.

System properties are win 7 home premium sp1 64 bit
Intel core i7-2675QM
Cpu @ 2.20ghz
8 gb ram
Samsung

any help would be appreciated due to the fact I'm a much better player than my friends and I'd like to show them all over again.

Klazdaxthun
Old 06-26-2016, 07:39 AM
Aviak

bummer
Old 06-26-2016, 09:36 AM
Planar Protector

You named two zones that specifically have issues with this server and require a delete from the game folder. Did you follow this setup guide? https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...ead.php?t=2651

The only files you need to delete are the 5 listed there, and the only files you need to change are the ones located in the current spellfile/patchfile. The only other addition is to make a shortcut on your desktop and change the paramaters of it to say patchme at the end of the target line.

dsetup.dll is an issue that most antivirus software have a problem with but it sounds like you've found your solution there.