Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 12-31-2016, 04:41 PM
Sarnak

Exclamation RE-Install not working.."Wrong spell files"

Hey guys ive done this many times on many different PC's... i have been MIA for a few months and wanted to roll up Norrath once more. I did a full install with Daemon, I Installed ad extracted into my Everquest folder the one from the setuplink, v4.3 .. I get all the way to character select screen.. and once again its saying the "wrong spell files" visit p99 and download the newest file... can anyone help me out here. as far as i Know thats the last piece of the puzzle, And im at a loss as of what to do, Thanks.
Old 12-31-2016, 04:45 PM
Sarnak

Off to Work soon, for new years party hehe But perhaps I can figure this out and get back online for the New year =)
Old 12-31-2016, 05:00 PM
Planar Protector

Sounds like the launch.bat is looking in the wrong folder.

Tupakk-57 Bard(Raid Whore)Afeni-45 Druid (Dial a Port Leadership) |Forums|Facebook| Lumumba-60 Rogue(DaP Security)/(Nocterma Member) & Department of Fun Promoter
Old 12-31-2016, 05:04 PM
Fire Giant

Are you installing to the default c:\program files (x86) directory? if so try moving your installation out to c:\everquest and trying again.

Drumas - 60 Cleric
Ashintar - 60 Wizard
Old 12-31-2016, 05:10 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tupakk [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Sounds like the launch.bat is looking in the wrong folder.
Thanks Ill Have a look at this.. although i DO only have the one folder..(unless its trying to read from the folder my titanium "disks" are in...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashintar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Are you installing to the default c:\program files (x86) directory? if so try moving your installation out to c:\everquest and trying again.
I Will try this lastly, But have also tried everything above in the tech Discussions, with eqgame.exe" patchme etc.. nothing has worked...

Also the launch Titanium.Bat wont let me run in Admin... it wont find the file (Odd).. but just running it normally, works until the char select screen.

Thanks Ill try these afterwork tonight at 1am... or tomorrow hehe
Old 12-31-2016, 05:15 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkwingDuck [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Thanks Ill Have a look at this.. although i DO only have the one folder..(unless its trying to read from the folder my titanium "disks" are in...

I Will try this lastly, But have also tried everything above in the tech Discussions, with eqgame.exe" patchme etc.. nothing has worked...

Also the launch Titanium.Bat wont let me run in Admin... it wont find the file (Odd).. but just running it normally, works until the char select screen.

Thanks Ill try these afterwork tonight at 1am... or tomorrow hehe
There are at least 20 other threads buried in this forum about issues installing to the default directory.

Drumas - 60 Cleric
Ashintar - 60 Wizard
Old 01-03-2017, 12:26 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashintar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
There are at least 20 other threads buried in this forum about issues installing to the default directory.
its worked the last 4 years in that file
Old 01-03-2017, 12:27 AM
Sarnak

Got on, on my Laptop.. still not workin on the PC.. oh well hehe