Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Old 02-25-2022, 12:03 PM
Banned

overcoming the XP struggle in rags is part of the fun tbf
Old 02-25-2022, 12:43 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delekhan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The biggest thing that I learned about Green is that you really should just roll a Necro or Mage when you start. Once that toon is 50, you then start your real toon.
This is partly why I am not very interested in any new green server.

Having to play X class and farm in order to play Y class that you actually enjoy, meh.

I think the grind overall is a killer for me and I think if I ever do play on a green server I'd wish to keep it to a minimum. I.e. avoid classes that lead you down the grinding rabbit-hole and instead just go with ONE class and focus on grouping and having fun.

Now I'm thinking Cleric or Druid or Bard, and I'm somewhat on the fence on the bard due to the xp penalty and how it actually CAN get crazy expensive if you decide to go all the way with drums of the beast and whatnot.
Old 02-25-2022, 12:44 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delekhan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The biggest thing that I learned about Green is that you really should just roll a Necro or Mage when you start. Once that toon is 50, you then start your real toon.

Having to play X class and farm in order to play Y class that you actually enjoy, meh.

I think the grind overall is a killer for me and I think if I ever do play on a green server I'd wish to keep it to a minimum. I.e. avoid classes that lead you down the grinding rabbit-hole and instead just go with ONE class and focus on grouping and having fun.

Now I'm thinking Cleric or Druid or Bard, and I'm somewhat on the fence on the bard due to the xp penalty and how it actually CAN get crazy expensive if you decide to go all the way with drums of the beast and whatnot. Having at least Gate is really helpful as well.
Old 02-25-2022, 12:53 PM
Planar Protector

killing mages on pve servers with trains should be considered gameplay.
Old 02-25-2022, 12:55 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajbert [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Now I'm thinking Cleric or Druid or Bard, and I'm somewhat on the fence on the bard due to the xp penalty and how it actually CAN get crazy expensive if you decide to go all the way with drums of the beast and whatnot. Having at least Gate is really helpful as well.
You don't HAVE to, but it makes things a whole lot easier when even getting a magic weapon is difficult. If your goal is to lead the pack and min/max then that's the way to go. If you just wanna group and play whatever you want, it doesn't matter.
Old 02-25-2022, 12:59 PM
Planar Protector

If you want to min max and your plan is to make a mage, so you can level a warrior next month, you're bad at min maxing.
Old 02-25-2022, 03:35 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Haha yea, level 39 mages complaining about how broken the pet spell system was and how they could barely kill blues (and in fairness pet research was broken in early classic) ... meanwhile I’m on my level 12 melee with a combine longsword getting killed by greens with three times the /played like “you guys can solo xp?!”
Wow buddy no need to flex that longsword so hard, yeesh.
Old 02-25-2022, 05:01 PM
Banned

Quote:
You don't HAVE to, but it makes things a whole lot easier when even getting a magic weapon is difficult. If your goal is to lead the pack and min/max then that's the way to go. If you just wanna group and play whatever you want, it doesn't matter.
Yeah as usual there are two totally different mindsets coexisting on the same server. Which they should. But early green was so much fun for me. Getting a magic weapon and infravision on my shaman felt like such a huge accomplishment, and other players were actually grateful that somebody could cast a vision spell on them. It was glorious.
Old 02-25-2022, 05:17 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajbert [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Yeah I’ve never understood Blue players who go to green and do this. Like you literally already have the ability to twink characters on Blue why go to a new server just to play a class you don’t necessarily want so you can twink new characters on Green?

And it’s not just people who want to “lead the pack” it’s a ton of casual players doing this too
Old 02-25-2022, 05:31 PM
Banned

I can understand why people might do that for legacy items, cause fashionquest is a hell of a drug, but blue players who didn't come over to green until after legacies stopped dropping are a complete mystery to me. (the vanilla legacies btw not like beads and stuff).