Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Old 02-25-2022, 05:54 PM
Fire Giant

It's not really worth making a farm class first if you want to play something else imho. All the gear you can buy is disposable by the time Kunark comes out. Just get what you wanna play to 50, get your legacy items, then come back for Kunark.
Old 02-25-2022, 07:04 PM
Fire Giant

druid is the best starting character you can have
Old 04-16-2022, 03:21 PM
Large Rat

Default what I learned from green

as someone who never played on blue (yea, I'm from red). I learned that 30% of you are cool, and normal, 20% of you just want to be left alone to do your thing, and 50% of you are passive aggressive clowns.

I had always followed the server rules (as I do on red) and received pretty much daily tells telling me I had been petitioned. I never heard from a gm or guide, so guessing alot of you were full of shit, or just wrong.

After 8+ years on red you guys managed to grief me off of green after maybe 2 months with your pseudo aggressive wanna be e-thug mentality.

On red at least you have the option to spend the next 10 years following someone around reminding them what a clown they were.
Last edited by Janlain's ghost; 04-16-2022 at 03:22 PM.. Reason: I can't type
Old 04-17-2022, 11:04 AM
Fire Giant

Be a melee if you want group invites.
Old 04-17-2022, 11:30 AM
Orc

DE ENC for the win and the ultravision.
Old 04-17-2022, 11:37 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keebz [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It's not really worth making a farm class first if you want to play something else imho. All the gear you can buy is disposable by the time Kunark comes out. Just get what you wanna play to 50, get your legacy items, then come back for Kunark.
If you don’t mind doing the manastone camp, this is pretty much true. Also assuming you weren’t planning on making and enjoying playing X farming class anyway.

As Velious is nearing its end I feel less and less interested in solo play. I’ve also become grind fatigued and have little to no interest in farming a fungi, eyepatch of plunder, tstaff and beads just to make a monk or the like. If there’s a next time around I’ll be looking for a class that is inexpensive to gear and which can get groups with relative ease. Enchanter is the wise choice but Cleric appeals to me the most.
Old 04-17-2022, 01:25 PM
Planar Protector

The great thing about maining a cleric is you won’t get asked to switch to a cleric (unpess another better levelled/geared cleric is available to borrow).

Gorgen (Blue) - Agnostic Troll Warrior of the XXXI Dung

Old 04-17-2022, 01:32 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keebz [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Plus things move quickly and before you know it, dungeon population is already declining. The XP Highway is alive and thriving initially so having a melee with anything for gear works. But as time goes on it's tough to find a group, or you're stuck traveling place to place (brutal as a melee without at least an OT hammer), or people start to expect you to have a certain level of gear. By the time you've gotten your farming character to 50 and have the plat to start gearing a melee, you're probably on the verge of Kunark already.
Old 04-17-2022, 04:44 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajbert [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If you don’t mind doing the manastone camp, this is pretty much true. Also assuming you weren’t planning on making and enjoying playing X farming class anyway.

As Velious is nearing its end I feel less and less interested in solo play. I’ve also become grind fatigued and have little to no interest in farming a fungi, eyepatch of plunder, tstaff and beads just to make a monk or the like. If there’s a next time around I’ll be looking for a class that is inexpensive to gear and which can get groups with relative ease. Enchanter is the wise choice but Cleric appeals to me the most.
Once velious hit on green I started playing mostly on blue so I’m with you. Once they’re both in the same era there’s no real point anymore
Old 04-18-2022, 03:39 AM
Planar Protector

I learned not to roll a poverty class first.

Went with half-elf ranger to make a "bad" character as a fresh-start challenge. Solo'd and duo'd almost exclusively to 40 and had a blast with it. However, I'm extremely limited in my money-making potential. Had I rolled a pet class, enchanter, or shaman I could solo valuable camps for gear/cash to fund raid consumables and alt gear.

After hitting 50 in classic era (with that sweet sweet ranger xp penalty), my playtime took a dive due to real life becoming busy, making it hard to play for more than an hour or two at a time. This would have been well suited to a solo oriented class, and is why I'm still only 57 this late into Velious.

tl;dr - If I don't just stay on blue after the merge, I'll roll enchanter on the next iteration.