Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 12-23-2019, 04:56 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by derpcake2 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Please gtfo with your parses.

This is a feels-based thread, people need emotional support, your actual evidence isn't wanted here.

@Loramin please post feels, thread needs more feels
Your obsession with Loramin's feelings should probably be looked into by a professional.
Old 12-23-2019, 05:36 PM
Banned

truth fears no investigation
Old 12-23-2019, 05:37 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by French Wizard [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
kecleon barely made it out of guk , never camped anything of value either

apparently he was genetically poor as well, RIP

wheres nips at?
talking about genetics at least i have wrists bud [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 12-23-2019, 05:40 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMN [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Cut Bazia some slack. He is redtarded, after all. Best enchanter red ever had, if you don't count the other enchanter on the server.
correct answer is lethdar
Old 12-23-2019, 06:17 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by derpcake2 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Provide a vid of you breaking efreeti solo and soloing Djarn, without outside buffs, and without stuff like wort potions.

Will pay 3k, its all I have atm.
Hmm, you're confusing me with someone else i think. I said in 3 months enchanters will soloing efreeti. 100% guaranteed. Never said it was a cake walk or the enchanter wouldn't have to be an excellent player with excellent gear. I would think this would be obvious though. Also I can't time travel 3 months and acquire the gear and clickies to make your video for you. But if you come back in 3 months and i am wrong i will happily admit it.
Old 12-23-2019, 06:54 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripSin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
But that is actually kind of silly. You're essentially arguing to "make it classic" by making it literally even less classic. If you want to nerf how people play a class like enchanter on P99 in 2019/2020 in the most classic way possible then you would need to do things like force everyone to play on 56k dial up modems, mem blur everyone's accrued knowledge of the game over two decades, disallow the last two decades' worth of hardware and software advancement, and etc.
I accept your opinion and agree with your other examples, but balancing a class that's way outta wack isn't silly. Are the mechanics different, or are people just better now? It is an open debate still. I have a pimped out 60 chanter on blue and i personally feel like the mechanics are off. People have brought up general mob mr as a possible reason. Providing evidence on this front has been extremely challenging.

I'm not trying nerf peoples game and make it less fun (like some of the witch hunters around), its just ridiculously over powered atm, and it all comes from the charm line.

Let me share an experience from the other night. My friend and i (32 pally/32 mage) joined up with a couple of excellent players (35 cleric/35 chanter) at the king camp in Sol A.

The enchanter had a goblin charmed that was backstabbing for up to 192, and hitting in the 70s. As i mage i can't even nuke that hard at 32, and my pet hits for less than half the goblin. And mages are arguably OP af in classic. Think of a ranger.

We stunned/malaise on breaks. Needless to say we absolutely destroyed that camp and had a blast doing it. Never even came close to dying. Enchanter with that kind of backup is just disgustingly good and it trivializes the content. If that's what people want from their classic server that's fine, but its turned into a cheese fest because of the charm line.
Old 12-23-2019, 06:54 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by French Wizard [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
i dont think anyone at level 50 will be soloing that camp considering the spells he casts

one ice comet and your toast
Yes yes! All the enchanters plan on face tanking freeti and eating the 2k nukes! Why on earth would they charm the 6k hp lvl 42 pet right in the same area and let him tank....
Old 12-23-2019, 07:58 PM
Sarnak

Are you all getting all up in arms over some 6 int boots? Am I understanding this incorrectly?

Jesus, this is a sad sickness.
Old 12-24-2019, 12:12 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripSin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Are you all getting all up in arms over some 6 int boots? Am I understanding this incorrectly?
Yes, you are understanding incorrectly. They are 9 int.