Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 12-29-2019, 01:18 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smellybuttface [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Ok boomer
Not a boomer and lame meme you're doing it wrong
Old 12-30-2019, 02:35 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by French Wizard [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
imagine being mad about a jagged band in 2019
Old 12-30-2019, 02:50 AM
Kobold

Just throwing this out there....who the actual fuck has ever in their life, besides this Hazek guy called it GBN....its either NBG or Greed, GBN makes absolutely no sense at all because if its greed, there is never a moment that need would come into play.
Old 12-30-2019, 03:00 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalamurv [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Just throwing this out there....who the actual fuck has ever in their life, besides this Hazek guy called it GBN....its either NBG or Greed, GBN makes absolutely no sense at all because if its greed, there is never a moment that need would come into play.
I don't call it GBN. I call it FRS because everyone rolling on tradeable items isn't greed. While telling others they can't roll if they can't equip it is hypocritically greedy.
Last edited by Hazek; 12-30-2019 at 03:03 AM..
Old 12-30-2019, 03:00 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crevex [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
imagine being mad about a jagged band in 2019
Nobody is mad about jagged band lol. I even said it in the original post. Stop being retarded for your sake and the sake of others.
Old 12-30-2019, 05:24 AM
Planar Protector

i came into this thread thinking NBG sucks ass but Hazek has persuaded me that maybe it's good for reasons i don't understand
Old 12-30-2019, 05:42 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by zodium [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
i came into this thread thinking NBG sucks ass but Hazek has persuaded me that maybe it's good for reasons i don't understand
Yeah its great if you wanna be greedy and you're the class that can equip it
Old 12-30-2019, 02:51 PM
Kobold

Anecdote:

So back on Innoruuk server I was in a group when a Howling Harpoon dropped - shaman only, worth a few hundred plat and to my mind at least, a valuable item.

Personally I would have liked to roll on it, but someone said NBG, and since there was a shaman in the group, we agreed to donate it to him. He said thanks and gratefully accepted it.

Then he let us know that he had sold his last Howling Harpoon in order to fund some other item he was wearing. No-one said anything, but I was pissed off.

That's why NBG sucks.
Old 12-30-2019, 03:25 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polixa [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Anecdote:

So back on Innoruuk server I was in a group when a Howling Harpoon dropped - shaman only, worth a few hundred plat and to my mind at least, a valuable item.

Personally I would have liked to roll on it, but someone said NBG, and since there was a shaman in the group, we agreed to donate it to him. He said thanks and gratefully accepted it.

Then he let us know that he had sold his last Howling Harpoon in order to fund some other item he was wearing. No-one said anything, but I was pissed off.

That's why NBG sucks.
This is exactly why NBG is a terrible system unless you are among friends. That player is eventually going to sell the item...so they got not only the benefit of wearing it but 100% of the plat value down the road just because the other 5 members of the group felt bad about rolling. NBG is a con that ropes in suckers every time.
Old 12-30-2019, 03:32 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fawqueue [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This is exactly why NBG is a terrible system unless you are among friends. That player is eventually going to sell the item...so they got not only the benefit of wearing it but 100% of the plat value down the road just because the other 5 members of the group felt bad about rolling. NBG is a con that ropes in suckers every time.
Disagree in certain contexts such as an item that's very limited to only one or a select number of classes and/or is very good for that class. Maybe they'll sell it later on in their character's life as expansions come out and better gear becomes available, but who cares. If they need such an item now, then I'm fine with doing NBG.
Closed Thread