Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 02-17-2020, 01:44 PM
Aviak

Rogues should really have a 'vanish' effect that removes them from combat and makes them invis.
Old 02-17-2020, 03:14 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crevex [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Rogues should really have a 'vanish' effect that removes them from combat and makes them invis.

Wrong MMO, you might want to try a more cartoonist and lazy teenager friendly one 😁
Old 02-17-2020, 03:47 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunderfury [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
-No mend for monks
-FD has 10min cooldown, also has max duration
I liked some of the ones posted, but these two would basically strip Monk’s of most of their utility. Mend and Feign are both in keeping with the lore of a Monk. As Monk’s have become masters of their bodily and physical processes, they can slow their heart rate down to a minuscule amount, thus appearing as if “dead.”

Mend follows the same train of thought, using Ki. These classes were largely based off of their D&D counterparts. From the D&D 5th edition manual:

“Monks make careful study of a magical energy that most monastic traditions call ki. This energy is an element of the magic that suffuses the multiverse—specifically, the element that flows through living bodies. Monks harness this power within themselves to create magical effects and exceed their bodies’ physical capabilities”
Old 02-18-2020, 12:10 PM
Former Guide

Monk FD with a 10 sec refresh or whatever is just plain lame and OP. Ruins immersion when same mob sees you flop 10 times in a row and doesn't think to just rip your guts out.

Should have been used as a way to save your ass while soloing or in a bad train / wipe.

Would definitely make splitting much much harder, which would make encounters and general group play more interesting IMO.

Even if mend stays in from a lore perspective, should be same timer as LoH / HT.

Making the abilities more situational, monk would remain a high damage class with some cool abilities and not very reliant on gear.
Old 02-18-2020, 12:41 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by stewe [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Mages get root, it is called an earth pet, next.
What I was going to say.
Old 02-18-2020, 12:47 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunderfury [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Monk FD with a 10 sec refresh or whatever is just plain lame and OP. Ruins immersion when same mob sees you flop 10 times in a row and doesn't think to just rip your guts out.

Should have been used as a way to save your ass while soloing or in a bad train / wipe.

Would definitely make splitting much much harder, which would make encounters and general group play more interesting IMO.

Even if mend stays in from a lore perspective, should be same timer as LoH / HT.

Making the abilities more situational, monk would remain a high damage class with some cool abilities and not very reliant on gear.
I loved your list of various class changes I saw a while back. I wish there was a classic-ish server with those rebalances..
Old 02-18-2020, 01:42 PM
Fire Giant

Because in hindsight the classes were comically unbalanced. In 1999 They didn't have much examples to know how screwed up they would be.
Old 02-18-2020, 02:05 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
I mean, you could make this argument about a million mechanics in the game...
Old 02-18-2020, 04:24 PM
Fire Giant

Dang, Sunderfury would have made a game so hard it’d make Green look comically easy. The ideas definitely would round the game out more the way the original devs intended. FD was intended to be an oh-shit ability, not a pulling tool.

Slow/snare being way more restricted and requiring reagents would be such a radical change, force a lot more sacrifice in composition. I like people having to make trade offs, which is why I’ve always liked the “cursed” items/spells idea. So few cursed items and they aren’t usually worth equipping: adamantite band is only for leveling when you don’t need MR, AoN is good INT/MR but nobody is gonna realistically wear it, nobody uses weapons that the proc damages the caster (rains).

WTB Sunderfury99?

Myuharin <Force of Will> & Myuharin the Revenant
Quote:
Originally Posted by azeth View Post
6 hybrids in one group.. i believe you may actually LOSE experience per kill.
Old 02-18-2020, 04:29 PM
Banned

Rogues got escape at pop
Closed Thread