Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-24-2019, 11:42 PM
Orc

Default P99Green: Were enchanters modified to have higher pet drops?

I am assuming enchanters were modified to have higher % pet drops?

I've played classic enchanter twice now. It's pretty much always been my main. I can't recall it ever being this bad.

So can we get confirmation that enchanter charm was nerfed due to whiney forum trolls?

---On a 35 enchanter on green currently ---

Tested: Beguile Charm, Blue Mobs, Time to Charm Break
120 charisma, with tash

36 seconds
1.18 min
15 seconds
53 seconds
47 seconds
1.56 min
55 seconds
1.34 seconds
45 seconds

The % time charmed is suppose to be random. I don't consider spell tip data on the p1999 website to be accurate for charming as it says for "Beguile" that its 8 mins to 22.

It's always been a random time though. You can charm a pet for it to immediately break. That's been fair. But this is just silly.
Last edited by jlxharville; 10-25-2019 at 12:05 AM..
Old 10-25-2019, 12:07 AM
Planar Protector

It's called charm break, not "pet drop". But what exactly were you charming and were you using tash?
Old 10-25-2019, 12:08 AM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMN [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It's called charm break, not "pet drop". What exactly were you charming.
Doesn't matter what you call it you petty mutt. Charming mobs in guk. Tried also giant skeletons in rathe.
Old 10-25-2019, 12:09 AM
Planar Protector

I doubt there was some kind of ninja-nerf. Perhaps something else is at work. Another critical component of charm durations is relative level, as well as target's magic resistance. Did you factor those in?
Old 10-25-2019, 12:12 AM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Videri [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I doubt there was some kind of ninja-nerf. Perhaps something else is at work. Another critical component of charm durations is relative level, as well as target's magic resistance. Did you factor those in?
Yes. The giant skeletons are questionable but gave similiar results. Mobs in guk I tried casters/melee etc. Also similiar. It just won't go past 3 minutes it seems. All blue cons.
Old 10-25-2019, 12:13 AM
Planar Protector

I too have felt this but alas you are just writhing in the grip of RNjesus's agony.
Old 10-25-2019, 12:13 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

I played enchanter at the start of kunark release. Never once during my time played back then was there ever a "maintain a charmed pet" meta - Not a single group leveling up to 50s asked me to charm a pet or expected it. While playing alts, charmed pets were never utilized. In fact, it was often discouraged by how unreliable and mana draining it was - many groups would ask an enchanter to stop charming.

Later on I spent some time on the EQmac server. The meta there was to find a strong light blue con mob to charm because anything higher would break way too often.

What was common, however, was charming a mob and letting it fight another mob with the intent to kill both before the next engagement (since charm would break a lot anyway).

Classic mobs should have incredible MR. Roots, Mez, Charm should break earlier more frequently.
Last edited by eunomios; 10-25-2019 at 12:15 AM.. Reason: added information
Old 10-25-2019, 12:16 AM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by eunomios [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I played enchanter at the start of kunark release. Never once during my time played back then was there ever a "maintain a charmed pet" meta - Not a single group leveling up to 50s asked me to charm a pet or expected it. While playing alts, charmed pets were never utilized. In fact, it was often discouraged by how unreliable and mana draining it was - many groups would ask an enchanter to stop charming.

Later on I spent some time on the EQmac server. The meta there was to find a strong light blue con mob to charm because anything higher would break way too often.

What was common, however, was charming a mob and letting it fight another mob with the intent to kill both before the next engagement (since charm would break a lot anyway).

Classic mobs should have incredible MR.
Maintaining a pet is a thing with heals and/or snare etc, long duration pets not so much. The question here is whether the devs for green implemented a tweak. I think they did based on testing alone which is what I am arguing. Yes, classic enchanter was hard, but charm did stick longer > 3 mins as far as i remember.
Old 10-25-2019, 12:20 AM
Planar Protector

I'd think you'd be able to hold a charm on G skels in rathe but your sample size is pretty small. You can get series of unlucky breaks. I charmed a level 7ish briar snake in tox with a 40 druid and it broke within 3 ticks twice in a row, but then the charm held for 4+ mins after the 2 breaks. This is the downside of the enchanter, that RNG strongly affects them.
Old 10-25-2019, 12:35 AM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMN [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'd think you'd be able to hold a charm on G skels in rathe but your sample size is pretty small. You can get series of unlucky breaks. I charmed a level 7ish briar snake in tox with a 40 druid and it broke within 3 ticks twice in a row, but then the charm held for 4+ mins after the 2 breaks. This is the downside of the enchanter, that RNG strongly affects them.
What is weird is my shaman buddy (who is my level) can charm animals utilizing his 29 charm for 4+ minutes easily. I guess shamans now outperform enchanters.
Closed Thread