Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 01-22-2020, 10:13 AM
Decaying Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pootle [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
That player has just as much right to camp a mob as you do... and there are plenty of reasons a higher level player may be camping a lower level mob.

Factioning up so they are not KOS in some city.
Farming for Tradeskills, OMG so much farming needed.
Trying to spawn quest mobs on quests they are doing.

It's been posted many times in this thread, move to uncrowded zones and exp there.

Why don't you post your class and level (and where you have tried to exp and found these level 50 people). I am sure people will make suggestions of where you can go.
And these types of players are the ones who have no sense of community or decency as a member of the EQ community. 50's camping non-level appropriate is an issue. I love how you side step it.

Let's apply your logic shall we:

1.The mobs in the camp give me(and my group) exp, therefore since you are gettinng zero exp we have a right to it.
2. These mobs drop items appropriate to my level...so level 50 move please.

The issue is prick players and people not interested in building a solid community within the game. It's amazing how you defended these actions with such good political spin. I love the just move to uncrowded zone because you can get scrapes and pay that level 50 for camping the item that you could get yourself.... love it!

Yet again the issue of 45-50 players camping 30ish camps is being ignored. Yet again this type of behavior with no respect or concern for the community is being pardoned because...well they are 50 and they are entitled.

Why was a level 48 camping Trents in SK? Why was a level 50 camping Gnoll scrolls? Why was a level 47 camping the Oggie shaman in WK? Why was the Ancient Croc camped by a 45 warrior? I never remember seeing LGuk being camped by 50's until this merger. Really? You know why...these pricks want to action the items(or in the case of Trents make easy plat) vs helping the community level.

Either way, the lifeless ones will defend their actions because EQ is their spouse, their family, and sense of accomplishment in life.

-Dremias the Criminal is out!
Old 01-22-2020, 10:45 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by SUBJ3KT17 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Do you even have children? Or A child? That lives with you?
I saw him on Reddit the other day calling people autistic, so I doubt it lol
Old 01-22-2020, 10:51 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dremias [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
And these types of players are the ones who have no sense of community or decency as a member of the EQ community. 50's camping non-level appropriate is an issue. I love how you side step it.

Let's apply your logic shall we:

1.The mobs in the camp give me(and my group) exp, therefore since you are gettinng zero exp we have a right to it.
2. These mobs drop items appropriate to my level...so level 50 move please.

The issue is prick players and people not interested in building a solid community within the game. It's amazing how you defended these actions with such good political spin. I love the just move to uncrowded zone because you can get scrapes and pay that level 50 for camping the item that you could get yourself.... love it!

Yet again the issue of 45-50 players camping 30ish camps is being ignored. Yet again this type of behavior with no respect or concern for the community is being pardoned because...well they are 50 and they are entitled.

Why was a level 48 camping Trents in SK? Why was a level 50 camping Gnoll scrolls? Why was a level 47 camping the Oggie shaman in WK? Why was the Ancient Croc camped by a 45 warrior? I never remember seeing LGuk being camped by 50's until this merger. Really? You know why...these pricks want to action the items(or in the case of Trents make easy plat) vs helping the community level.

Either way, the lifeless ones will defend their actions because EQ is their spouse, their family, and sense of accomplishment in life.

-Dremias the Criminal is out!
As Pootle said, those people have a right to camp those things and may be doing it for various legitimate reasons. Sure, if someone is camping the throne room in CB or the Orc camp in EC at level 50 because they are going to use them to powerlevel one of their own alts, that's very annoying.

But if someone is farming things for faction?
If someone is killing mobs to spawn a quest mob or otherwise killing mobs for a quest drop for a piece of equipment that they need?
If someone is farming tradeskill materials?
If someone is farming platinum because they need it because they're undergeared and need to by something or they need money to invest in their tradeskills?

All of those things are valid IMO. It's also kind of funny that you cite Treants in SK. If you're killing the Treants, even if they give you XP, the main reason you're there is because it's a cash camp. In many cases, you could get better XP elsewhere, but you're there because it's a lucrative camp and so you're making a tradeoff for some potentially slower XP in return for farming a lot of plat. But how dare someone else farm those Treants so you can't!!! SMDH lol
Old 01-22-2020, 11:19 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by wagorf [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
u sound like a 13 year old moron who people occasionally run into in groups
And that impersonation I did is all of you who act like OP.
Old 01-22-2020, 12:00 PM
Sarnak

all of these posts and threads about the servers are hilarious, everything needs to be perfectly balanced for people to be happy.. not going to happen.

theres to many people on the server one day, not enough people the next, everyone needs to have max out lvl and items one day, everyone has the same items and nothing to achieve the next day, come on people

play the game however you like and deal with it
Old 01-22-2020, 12:59 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaedain [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
all of these posts and threads about the servers are hilarious, everything needs to be perfectly balanced for people to be happy.. not going to happen.

theres to many people on the server one day, not enough people the next, everyone needs to have max out lvl and items one day, everyone has the same items and nothing to achieve the next day, come on people

play the game however you like and deal with it
If that was the case then people would just train the campers....but somehow that's agains the rules. So don't go with the play the game how you like bit because it's not like old EQ at all. There's the play nice rules in place to prevent it from being like old EQ. Which is what the whole issue is. There are double standards being applied here. You're saying that the people who camp all day should be allowed to do whatever they want and the people who can't...just deal with it. Personally I'd just put togther a massive train and remove the camper that has been there 8-12 hours in the same camp. Enchanters always made the best trainers...AoE stun and mezz then walk up to the camper and wait for the train. But that is agains the rules....
Old 01-22-2020, 01:59 PM
Banned

Angry

Go find a bed to cower under! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 01-22-2020, 02:08 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverfalcon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If that was the case then people would just train the campers....but somehow that's agains the rules. So don't go with the play the game how you like bit because it's not like old EQ at all. There's the play nice rules in place to prevent it from being like old EQ. Which is what the whole issue is. There are double standards being applied here. You're saying that the people who camp all day should be allowed to do whatever they want and the people who can't...just deal with it. Personally I'd just put togther a massive train and remove the camper that has been there 8-12 hours in the same camp. Enchanters always made the best trainers...AoE stun and mezz then walk up to the camper and wait for the train. But that is agains the rules....
What are you talking about? Rules and play nice policies on kill stealing, training, etc. were put in place within months of launch in 1999. I don't know what "old EQ" you are talking about unless you're referring to the limited period of time right after launch in 1999 when the rules didn't exist because we had no idea that they would be necessary. We absolutely had rules in "old EQ" and I personally banned or suspended multiple people for violating them. If you're going to argue about things, you should make sure you know what you're talking about first.
Old 01-22-2020, 02:17 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd288 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What are you talking about? Rules and play nice policies on kill stealing, training, etc. were put in place within months of launch in 1999. I don't know what "old EQ" you are talking about unless you're referring to the limited period of time right after launch in 1999 when the rules didn't exist because we had no idea that they would be necessary. We absolutely had rules in "old EQ" and I personally banned or suspended multiple people for violating them. If you're going to argue about things, you should make sure you know what you're talking about first.
You're pretty funny...There were so few GMs around that any rules were very ever rarely enforced.
Old 01-22-2020, 02:19 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverfalcon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You're pretty funny...There were so few GMs around that any rules were very ever rarely enforced.
That’s how we got such greats as Fansy the Bard:
https://www.notacult.com/fansythefamous.htm
Closed Thread