Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 04-23-2010, 12:31 PM
Fire Giant

Started my first character on the server last weekend, a Dark Elf warrior, and for a while I remembered what it was like to be a total newbie again. Leveled to 5 so far, I've been collecting stacks of bone chips for cash and trying to save up for a combine sword so I can hit magical mobs. Everybody is so much nicer than I remember in older days - I get buffed all the time.

Some really awesome person gave me a bunch of bronze via my friend Nocte. I don't know who it is because I wasn't logged in at the time, but whoever that was - you rock! Now I just need a breastplate and some boots to complete my visible set. I'm saving up for those too.

We're now trying to level a few more friends who are joining us and getting back into it. So far we have a rogue, warrior (me), cleric, druid and an enchanter.
Old 04-25-2010, 02:14 PM
Sarnak

^
This. Also, I've been leveling too quickly for my buddies to keep up, so I've been told I need to "slow down," which means I'll just level a cleric or wizard instead.
Old 04-26-2010, 11:30 AM
Sarnak

Send a message via AIM to toddfx

I dinged my bard 10 and took my first P99 trips to Kelethin and Qeynos to gather songs. I seriously forgot how difficult it is to navigate those larger zones without sense heading. I had EQAtlas up on one screen and I still kept getting turned around in BB and Gfay. Good old /loc to the rescue.

As I was leaving Qeynos, I wanted to test out my new Lull song so I started killing some bandits at a farm in WK. I guess I did something wrong, because I ended up with 2 bandits and some caster that kept nuking me for 35 dmg of frost. I made it about 100 yards before dieing, bound in Freeport. This was terrible timing, because I needed to log in 10 minutes. I was convinced I'd have to leave the corpse there for a couple days, but fortunately I found a port pretty quickly and darted back to get it just in time.

Tonight I'm probably going to hit up Nro or Oasis.
Closed Thread