Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 07-25-2017, 03:31 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kavious [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Its like a Windows batch file. You just create a text file of the above and then run it (or point your shortcut to open the shell script).

You technically could run the commands in a terminal and it would work just the same
Didn't know you ran Linux lol learn something new everyday.

Tupakk-57 Bard(Raid Whore)Afeni-45 Druid (Dial a Port Leadership) |Forums|Facebook| Lumumba-60 Rogue(DaP Security)/(Nocterma Member) & Department of Fun Promoter
Old 07-25-2017, 03:59 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kavious [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Its like a Windows batch file. You just create a text file of the above and then run it (or point your shortcut to open the shell script).

You technically could run the commands in a terminal and it would work just the same
So I set that up in a text, then alter username to reflect mine. Then I just run it? Do I alter anything else? Like I said, linux n00b. Literally 5 days into this OS and very over my head haha. Thanks for your help already.
Old 07-25-2017, 04:14 PM
Planar Protector

Once you have the file created, you can just open up all its permissions with:

chmod 777 EQStart.sh
Old 07-25-2017, 05:11 PM
Aviak

Does the script bypass the auto update feature?

Also (and again I am so sorry, just so new to all this and little to no coding background to be able to sort this shit):
- do I remove the # at the beginning?
- do I need to grab the script's cwd set? If so, how do I do that?
- what is/how do I bind to one core of the processor and launch?
Last edited by sounion; 07-25-2017 at 05:21 PM..
Old 07-25-2017, 05:31 PM
Planar Protector

Yes, this starts the game using the command suggested in the install guide which you can see in the Launch Titanium.bat file. This script just forces the game to use one cpu core. Some players experience a lot of disconnect issues when multi-core is enabled

What you never want to do is load the game using Everquest.exe, that will cause a bad day
Old 07-25-2017, 05:41 PM
Aviak

Okay so I copy pasted that script into a text file and renamed to EQStart.sh. I changed permissions by right clicking and made it executable. When I click on it though, nothing happens. Keep in mind I did change the username in the script. Any ideas?

And that's a yes to removing the initial #? And also grabbing the cwd from Launch titanium.bat file ? This is nuts but well worth the time for p99
Last edited by sounion; 07-25-2017 at 05:45 PM..
Old 07-25-2017, 06:01 PM
Planar Protector

No need to remove any #'s, I figure its commented out for a reason. I didnt write the script, found it a couple years ago and its worked really good

Edit: Found where I got it, the original post of this thread [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Last edited by Kavious; 07-25-2017 at 06:20 PM..
Old 07-25-2017, 06:10 PM
Aviak

And all you did was install Titanium, d/l and extract current p99 version, and then create this EQStart.sh? I'm just not sure what to do to get it to launch eq since nothing happen when I double click the .sh file.
Old 07-25-2017, 06:19 PM
Planar Protector

I would open a terminal and cut & paste each command and see if you get any errors
Old 07-25-2017, 06:22 PM
Aviak

Okay I'll try that. Taking off for a time. Thanks for your help and swift replies. I'll post how it goes.