Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 07-10-2019, 10:08 AM
Abominog Abominog is offline
Large Bat


Join Date: Feb 2019
Posts: 14
Default Powerleveling price check

What's the going rate for, say, 1 to 20? And how fast should those levels go to be considered a real PL?

I'm thinking about PLing for plats but need to know the lay of the land first.
  #2  
Old 07-10-2019, 10:20 AM
enjchanter enjchanter is offline
Fire Giant

enjchanter's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2016
Posts: 771
Default

Powerleveling can be hard to come by so the market isnt clearly set. Best thing is to just gauge what the levels are worth to you. They are going to charge you what they think their time is worth.

As a power leveler, I would probably do that job for 4k having an epic bard since it would probably only take a couple hours and wouldnt be tough to do at all but that might be more or less than someone else would. So it's all relative.
__________________
Eberron 60 Erudite Enchanter
Enjamin 60 Erudite Cleric
Yxarus 60 Iksar Warrior
Fauvana 60 Erudite Necromancer
Erjav 60 Human Bard
Seliel 54 Human Rogue
Enjamini 51 Human Mage
Scinjamin 42 Erudite Wizard
  #3  
Old 07-10-2019, 12:43 PM
Mblake81 Mblake81 is offline
Fire Giant

Mblake81's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Bristlebane <Reckless Fury>
Posts: 785
Default

I am a business man and my time is extremely valuable. I am looking to purchase a shortcut for this game so that I can skip the parts common folks occupy. I will have one of my men contact you to set up the appointments. I am also looking for a games professional for hire to pilot the dragons & dungeons, I am offering $7 per hour.

Edit: If EQ was a new title you wouldn't have to ask for this. You could purchase a MTX to do it, probably offer several packages for your convenience. The game sucks and you will want to skip it to play the game.

:P
__________________
Last edited by Mblake81; 07-10-2019 at 12:54 PM..
  #4  
Old 07-10-2019, 12:58 PM
Abominog Abominog is offline
Large Bat


Join Date: Feb 2019
Posts: 14
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mblake81 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I am looking to purchase a shortcut for this game so that I can skip the parts common folks occupy. The game sucks and you will want to skip it to play the game
Ha. Actually I agree with you. For me PLing is lame and I'd rather just play the game. But I want plats and have a character that I think I can PL with, so I wanted to find out what's what.
  #5  
Old 07-10-2019, 05:12 PM
enjchanter enjchanter is offline
Fire Giant

enjchanter's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2016
Posts: 771
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abominog [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Ha. Actually I agree with you. For me PLing is lame and I'd rather just play the game. But I want plats and have a character that I think I can PL with, so I wanted to find out what's what.
This is an over simplified summary of PL'ing in my own humble opinion:

Bards : best PL'er , can do all the way to 60 if they desired. You can aoe non damage aggro, silly DS stacking potential, regen and every other tool in the book

Druid: can probably take you up to 40ish before it just becomes out of group duo which is probably the loosest version of a "powerlevel" you can feasibly describe. Really just heal snare thorns is all you need

Enchanter: aoe non damage aggro, runes, some neat DS stackability but ultimately, I think you need somewhat decent gear to do this past like level 15 and it's still basically on par with druid imo.

Flop PL (necro monk): slowest , most tedious method. FD class nearly kills mob, you have to finish it off. Only works with 1 mob at a time. Not really even a PL, I wouldnt pay for this service but if a friend offered to do it, then sure I'll participate. The monk will get a red con mob to 5% and it starts fleeing while you furiously try to do 5% damage to the red con mob on your low level wizard with no skills or mana whatsoever and then the other half the time the monk / necro will accidentally kill the mob before scenario one can ensue.

The real draw of powerleveling is being able to use a high level bard. If you're not using a high level bard then you're already only capable of PL'ing for roughly half the total levels in the game and not even the profitable half. You can charge by the hour but I feel this is not a good way to operate if you are a sane person. Imagine the effort of PL'ing someone and know you still have 48 minutes before you get another tick of 500p.

This my 2cents on PL's
__________________
Eberron 60 Erudite Enchanter
Enjamin 60 Erudite Cleric
Yxarus 60 Iksar Warrior
Fauvana 60 Erudite Necromancer
Erjav 60 Human Bard
Seliel 54 Human Rogue
Enjamini 51 Human Mage
Scinjamin 42 Erudite Wizard
  #6  
Old 07-11-2019, 02:00 PM
stebbins99 stebbins99 is offline
Sarnak


Join Date: Oct 2017
Posts: 307
Default Necro-specific - what about PBAOE coupled with FD?

Quote:
Originally Posted by enjchanter [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This is an over simplified summary of PL'ing in my own humble opinion:

Bards : best PL'er , can do all the way to 60 if they desired. You can aoe non damage aggro, silly DS stacking potential, regen and every other tool in the book

Druid: can probably take you up to 40ish before it just becomes out of group duo which is probably the loosest version of a "powerlevel" you can feasibly describe. Really just heal snare thorns is all you need

Enchanter: aoe non damage aggro, runes, some neat DS stackability but ultimately, I think you need somewhat decent gear to do this past like level 15 and it's still basically on par with druid imo.

Flop PL (necro monk): slowest , most tedious method. FD class nearly kills mob, you have to finish it off. Only works with 1 mob at a time. Not really even a PL, I wouldnt pay for this service but if a friend offered to do it, then sure I'll participate. The monk will get a red con mob to 5% and it starts fleeing while you furiously try to do 5% damage to the red con mob on your low level wizard with no skills or mana whatsoever and then the other half the time the monk / necro will accidentally kill the mob before scenario one can ensue.

The real draw of powerleveling is being able to use a high level bard. If you're not using a high level bard then you're already only capable of PL'ing for roughly half the total levels in the game and not even the profitable half. You can charge by the hour but I feel this is not a good way to operate if you are a sane person. Imagine the effort of PL'ing someone and know you still have 48 minutes before you get another tick of 500p.

This my 2cents on PL's
Love this detail and input! Regarding Necro PL:

For lower level PL, would it be feasible for a necro to PBAOE a bunch of mobs (ie max 25 mobs) and then FD once they're all about 5%? Would have to exercise caution / pick correct PBAOE so as to not kill the mobs, of course.

I haven't PL'd a ton on my necro but definitely see some potential with the FD approach, perhaps utilizing PBAOE might get around the "one mob at a time" factor?
  #7  
Old 07-10-2019, 10:22 AM
Legidias Legidias is offline
Planar Protector


Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 1,624
Default

Also depends which class. For 1-20, you will want someone who can non-dmg AE aggro and very highly DS themselves. So basically enchanters or bards.

A monk trying to pl you 1-20 will take a looong time. Even a druid still takes way longer than the above.

Average rate for 1-20 is about 4k. Just dont do it in warrens (lul), unrest, or kurns
  #8  
Old 07-10-2019, 04:06 PM
iflytoohigh iflytoohigh is offline
Scrawny Gnoll

iflytoohigh's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2016
Posts: 29
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legidias [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Even a druid still takes way longer than the above.
i can level someone up as a druid pretty quickly. agro with lowest level fire spell. it does 10 damage. as ling as the person getting PL'd does 11 or more points of damage to each mob, then it's all gravy.

find an off hour in unrest and you can do 1-20 in a couple hours. maybe less. i would charge 2k. i charge 1k/hour for PL sessions.
  #9  
Old 07-10-2019, 10:43 AM
Xulia Xulia is offline
Kobold

Xulia's Avatar

Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Charlotte
Posts: 110
Default

It may be faster to simply look up a Bone Chips quest and get to lvl 10-12 that way. It took my HUM PAL ~40 stacks (400pp @10p/stack) worth of Bone Chips to go from 1 to 12, so you can skip a lot of the leg work there.

Anecdotal observation; people usually hire PL services to get 52 locks or lvl 46 planar-trackers up as fast as possible, and at those 35+ level ranges you would need an experienced Bard to get the most out of your time. Most of that time will be spent in Overthere which is perfect for swarm kiting since it's very open and chock-full of mobs.
__________________
<Fires of Heaven> 2015-2018
<Blood Guard> 2018 - 2019
<Azure Guard> 2019 +
Xulia Spirestone | Iksar ShadowKnight
Xullaea Spirestone | Wood Elf Druid
  #10  
Old 07-10-2019, 11:05 AM
Jimjam Jimjam is offline
Planar Protector


Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 6,609
Default

I use the bone chip index of 3600 XP per platinum piece.

Edit: that works out as about 2kpp for completing levels 1-19 (ie hitting twenty).
Last edited by Jimjam; 07-10-2019 at 11:09 AM..
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:48 PM.


Everquest is a registered trademark of Daybreak Game Company LLC.
Project 1999 is not associated or affiliated in any way with Daybreak Game Company LLC.
Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.