Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Tanks

Closed Thread

Old 04-15-2021, 09:47 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snaggles [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Get a level 1 to DN so you can loot a .5 ratio aggro weapon you won’t find benefit of until the solo exp train slows down. If that’s viability, sure.
You act like it's hard to get weapon, rots for most farming guilds/alliances. Also it's 5 to get through kael. Hope that helps.
Old 04-15-2021, 10:51 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yinein [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You act like it's hard to get weapon, rots for most farming guilds/alliances. Also it's 5 to get through kael. Hope that helps.
I’m not saying it’s hard. I’m saying it’s not worth the effort until later on. Aggro procs aren’t needed for soloing or really any mobs with like 800 hps. I was refuting the lvl 1 Infestation alt concept. So feel free if you want to be able to link brag your twink status in HK or mistmoore. Otherwise just get levels solo and complain about aggro problems when rogues are double backstabbing.

Better yet let’s focus on the thread topic instead of cherry picking posts for inane arguments like optimizing aggro for level 5’s.
Last edited by Snaggles; 04-15-2021 at 10:58 AM..
Old 04-15-2021, 11:02 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snaggles [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I’m not saying it’s hard. I’m saying it’s not worth the effort until later on. Aggro procs aren’t needed for soloing or really any mobs with like 800 hps. I was refuting the lvl 1 Infestation alt concept. So feel free if you want to be able to link brag your twink status in HK or mistmoore. Otherwise just get levels solo and complain about aggro problems when rogues are double backstabbing.

Better yet let’s focus on the thread topic instead of cherry picking posts for inane arguments like optimizing aggro for level 5’s.
The game was won 6 years ago, twinking is all that's left. Hope that helps.
Old 04-16-2021, 12:41 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Get a level 1 to DN so you can loot a .5 ratio aggro weapon you won’t find benefit of until the solo exp train slows down. If that’s viability, sure.
The alternative you suggested was worse than .5 ratio. I'm not even sure what you're arguing any more.
Also its pretty hard not to post after you.. not because you have a stimulating(sic), but because you are constantly patrolling RnF and filling it with your spam.
Old 06-05-2021, 02:04 AM
Sarnak

So ho much hate comes from WESS now? Is it just 400 + poison damage?
Old 06-05-2021, 02:21 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by radbeard [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So ho much hate comes from WESS now? Is it just 400 + poison damage?
Word on the street is hate from blind was nerfed. It's not even good for paladins to use any more.

In short, do not use WESS.
Also its pretty hard not to post after you.. not because you have a stimulating(sic), but because you are constantly patrolling RnF and filling it with your spam.
Old 06-06-2021, 10:47 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samoht [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Word on the street is hate from blind was nerfed. It's not even good for paladins to use any more.

is there a patch note somewhere here this is confirmed? i tanked docks in the hole a few weeks ago on my paladin and didnt have any problem with aggro using blind.
Old 06-06-2021, 01:57 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samoht [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlankyLanky [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
is there a patch note somewhere here this is confirmed? i tanked docks in the hole a few weeks ago on my paladin and didnt have any problem with aggro using blind.
I feel this may be an issue specific to warriors - my warrior’s fennin ro bp (aoe blind) used to be great aggro but now no longer.

Gorgen (Blue) - Agnostic Troll Warrior of the XXXI Dung

Old 06-06-2021, 02:46 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I feel this may be an issue specific to warriors - my warrior’s fennin ro bp (aoe blind) used to be great aggro but now no longer.
huh, i guess i just hadnt noticed on my war since the wess is in his offhand right now with frostbringer in mh, so im guessing me not having noticed it on the war is due to the frostbringer having enough aggro to make up for the blind not being as good as it used to be.

thats a bummer if its true, wess used to be a great cheapish weapon that could actually make a warrior feel like a tank in groups due to the proc going off at level 1.
Old 06-06-2021, 04:57 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Unless something was changed very recently, this is not the case. FoL doesn't cause nearly as much hate as it did years ago, but it should still be reliable.
Closed Thread