Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 10-27-2019, 04:28 PM
Planar Protector

why does everyone keep saying brad is a drug addict?
Old 10-27-2019, 04:44 PM
Kobold

because he was and likely still is lol
Old 10-27-2019, 04:51 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by pink grapefruit [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
why does everyone keep saying brad is a drug addict?
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 10-27-2019, 05:28 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bazia [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
pepe.jpg
Looks like 8chan is leaking again.
Old 10-27-2019, 05:53 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bisonzabi [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Reminds me of Vanguard. The models in that game were janky as fuck and were heavily ridiculed.
Inaccurate. Vanguard graphics were top notch and required an obscene amount of comp power - which was part of its downfall.
Old 10-27-2019, 09:57 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by azeth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Inaccurate. Vanguard graphics were top notch and required an obscene amount of comp power - which was part of its downfall.
Not really. I think you're confusing character model animations with overall background visuals. The animations were crude especially compared to other mmos like EQ2 or WoW and the engine itself lacked a programming script language. It's one of the reasons why it was unoptimized as hell. It wasn't the graphics that made the game run like shit.
Last edited by Bisonzabi; 10-27-2019 at 09:59 PM..
Old 11-01-2019, 03:46 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samadhi [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Well Fires of Heaven for those who do not know was Brads old Everquest guild. Brad McQuaid AkA Aradune.
It was also the home of one of the lead developers of World of Warcraft. The first level 50 in EQ back in 1999 was Alex Afrasiabi who's the creative director of WoW and was the leader of Fires Of Heaven during the classic era. Then you got Jeffrey Kaplan who was the leader of Legacy of Steel and responsible for achieving many "firsts" in EQ1's raiding community before going over to Blizzard to become WoW's Lead Game Designer.

http://web.archive.org/web/200310110...ves/arc93.html
Ahhh now this is classic venting.
Old 11-03-2019, 06:40 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donkey Hotay [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Nope, just a cynical nobody who likes to observe pointless things.
My favorite quote ever, are you me?
----------------------------------
[center]
Old 11-06-2019, 05:37 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bisonzabi [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It was also the home of one of the lead developers of World of Warcraft. The first level 50 in EQ back in 1999 was Alex Afrasiabi who's the creative director of WoW and was the leader of Fires Of Heaven during the classic era. Then you got Jeffrey Kaplan who was the leader of Legacy of Steel and responsible for achieving many "firsts" in EQ1's raiding community before going over to Blizzard to become WoW's Lead Game Designer.

http://web.archive.org/web/200310110...ves/arc93.html
Ahhh now this is classic venting.
Maybe FoH is like the Masons or Skull and Crossbones of the MMO world.
Old 11-06-2019, 05:54 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Not really. I think you're confusing character model animations with overall background visuals. The animations were crude especially compared to other mmos like EQ2 or WoW and the engine itself lacked a programming script language. It's one of the reasons why it was unoptimized as hell. It wasn't the graphics that made the game run like shit.
More than that, the original models didn't make it to release in Vanguard because of the poor performance. The models used for the launched version of the game were somewhat reduced quality relative to the originals, hence why they looked somewhat "off" in the otherwise rather nice-looking game world. The "animal head on an otherwise human body" races were particularly ridiculous. I've said it before, but Vanguard felt like it was caught in some sort of reverse-time field. It kept getting worse over time instead of better, which has got to be the surest sign of wretched project management. It was at its best in early beta, before the Thestran continent was partially rebuilt for little to no reason other than to suck up manhours that would've been better spent on any of a hundred other tasks.

I check Pantheon perhaps every six months or so. What's been publicly released looks like any other MMOG to me--some stuff that looks alright, and some stuff I don't care for.

Danth
Last edited by Danth; 11-06-2019 at 06:00 PM..
Closed Thread