Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Guild Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 03-14-2014, 08:06 PM
Banned

Default Azrael loot policy and cleric recruitment

Azrael is pleased to announce we are moving to a customized DKP system which will track and award activity and contribution.

Our system is designed to avoid the economic downfalls of most DKP systems, while supporting quick, decisive and accurate loot distribution in a way that fairly rewards each member for their time and work in both PvE and PvP.

Each member's activity is weighed against everyone else, to determine a "share" of participation. Each member's loot they've received is also weighed against everyone else, to determine a "share" of loot that the guild received. A third metric is also weighed: participation since your last loot. These three factors determine each member's Loot Priority: their standing in comparison with the other members in terms of participation and reward.

While many DKP systems reward "playing the system", ours is designed to reward contribution and progressing the Guild's goals. It incorporates new members in a way that they aren't forever "bottom of the barrel". You can join Azrael and through activity and participation, compete on high-end loot in a reasonable amount of time.

The final point is that our system is mechanized to allow the guild some flexibility in loot distribution, without undermining the system, while also maintaining transparency and fairness. Let's be fair: this is EverQuest, and no guild progresses without the vision to assign mana-items to clerics, and HP/AC to the main tank.

Azrael's goal is to promote a team-first environment.
We're here to fight, progress and have fun. We're here to stay.

This chart has some level of representation of how the system would yield out the most deserving person at a certain given point in time.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

With Velious around the corner, we would also like to announce our special offer to players that are interested in playing clerics. Since we are the most PVP oriented guild in Red 99, it is only expected that we are going to have to provide people with a little additional incentive to play clerics. This is why we are proud to announce our new policy going forward to promote the development of the Cleric class.

If you are prepared to play a cleric on Azrael's behalf, level it up, and participate on it during times of need. The guild will provide you with special assistance in gearing the character, at no penalty towards gearing an alternative main you select. What exactly does it mean ?

If you create a cleric for Azrael, and are prepared to participate on it. Once this character has reached 60, you may then start advancing a secondary main, whom can acquire gear at the same rates as other mains, despite the guild's special contributions towards your cleric.

This is our way of ensuring that the people who are willing to take on some of the sometimes less desirable roles, are properly rewarded for their exceptional contributions.
Last edited by lite; 03-15-2014 at 12:57 AM..
Old 03-14-2014, 08:27 PM
Planar Protector

So essentially this is nihilums system? Nihilum tracks dkp, then at least in theory awards loot via officer council based on your dkp / last loot received / utility of the item to said player. If so, this is just officer loot disguised as a dkp system, where dkp is merely a metric for attendance and participation that serves as a guideline for loot decisions, but is not binding. I apologize if this is an inaccurate assessment, but it wasn't the clearest post
Old 03-14-2014, 09:23 PM
Banned

Why do you care so much about our loot system . You should be worried about your own members and keeping them happy . Not what our guild is doing unless your intrested in apping HB and in that case your denied . Move along
Old 03-14-2014, 09:55 PM
Planar Protector

long live the rebels
Old 03-14-2014, 11:56 PM
Planar Protector

Honestly trying to be helpful. If I can't understand your loot rules despite having several years of post graduate education in a field that involves intensive reading comprehension, then I'm fairly confident most other people probably don't fully grasp it either.

It interests me because I'm always looking to tweak my system, know what the competition is doing, and how to respond to people who may tell me "azrael is doing x." From my reading of this, which I have read several times now, it seems to me this is just an officer council system. Neither of the two posts above me seem to contradict that.

There's nothing wrong with loot council, it's used by cutting edge raid guilds in WoW and other MMO's, I'm just trying to see if that is in fact accurate or not.
Old 03-15-2014, 12:36 AM
Banned

loot council best in theory

everyone cries though so hard dkp system only way to appease the warm bodies
Old 03-15-2014, 12:52 AM
Banned

This is essentially a system where if you want something, you present your interest. Your raid attendance, the last time you acquired loot, and other important factors are plugged into a formula that represents who should have priority. The leadership gets involved only out of absolute necessity in the event an item needs to go somewhere for the advancement of the guild. Aka Tanks and Clerics in velious.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

This chart has some level of representation of how the system would yield out the most deserving person at a certain given point in time.
Last edited by lite; 03-15-2014 at 12:57 AM..
Old 03-15-2014, 01:14 AM
Kobold

Not replying to hb, and not going to over-explain it on the forums.

Happy to offer further explanation to prospective applicants who have a genuine interest.

Cheers,
Mesochrist
Old 03-15-2014, 01:17 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by MC Epic [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Not replying to hb, and not going to over-explain it on the forums.

Happy to offer further explanation to prospective applicants who have a genuine interest.

Cheers,
Mesochrist
Make this guy AZ pr and muzzle the rest, win server in 6-12 months
Old 03-15-2014, 03:20 AM
Banned

Agree with colgate, cool system tho pals.
Closed Thread