Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 01-27-2011, 11:36 AM
Sarnak

Default Game just closes

I don't know if anyone else has had this specific issue. I read through all of the multi core threads, and the WinEQ thread, and I haven't been able to correct my issue.

Basically, I'll be killing a mob, usually stacking dots, and the game will just close. Just last night, I stacked 4 dots on a griffon, and was ready to cast my 5th, and the game just went away. It took probably 2 minutes to be able to log in. I assume my character just ran up and started whacking away. 4 dots would have been enough to put the griffon in run mode, the 5th is what kills it.

10 minutes later, I had just cast my 5th dot on a griffon, and I crashed again. This time I at least knew I'd still be alive on my return.

I am running WinEQ2, I have set the affinity to ON in the WinEQ settings, and I have set my FPS to 45.

It seems like I only crash if I have a dot on something. (I have crashed one other time in WFP, but that was an extremely isolated incident)

My options at the moment seem to be:
stop using dots
create a mage
actually find out how to fix the problem

If anyone has had this happen to them and have found ways to fix it that I haven't tried yet, I would appreciate it. I don't load slowly, I don't get black screens, I don't get funky graphics. It simply drops without any warning.
Old 01-27-2011, 11:40 AM
Fire Giant

I don't think avoiding dots will help.

I'm playing a necro and it did seem, at first, like the insta-CTD was happening only when I cast dots... but I'm thinking that's just because I spend the vast majority of my time casting dots.

I've had the insta-CTDs while dealing with merchants, while zoning, while running around not casting anything at all, etc. Usually once or twice a day, it seems.
Old 01-27-2011, 11:47 AM
Kobold

I agree, avoiding DoTs isn't going to help.

I was playing a newb character I created, no spells, and in the midst of fighting yard trash I insta-CTD'd too.
Old 01-27-2011, 12:11 PM
Fire Giant

I'm actually quite amazed that I've only died once because of this. And fortunately it was at like level 33 when I was only one zone away from my bind point.
Old 01-29-2011, 11:38 AM
Sarnak

i've noticed if you push several buttons at once - especially while moving/strafing, a crash is possible. FOr instance, if you push hot button 1 (your dot), while pushing up and left while strafing, you may crash. I've been able to reproduce the problem doing that. It's not 100% tho.
Old 01-31-2011, 11:39 AM
Orc

This has been happening to me also, very frustrating and I have died several times through it. A RL friend claims the same.
Old 01-31-2011, 04:09 PM
Banned

Almost all of my random crash to desktop happens when I'm beginning to sing a song as well. I usually get some weird error in my debug file about a missing particle.

Luckily for me, it has only happened 3 times. Very annoying though, since I was kiting and died 2 of those times.