Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 11-18-2016, 09:34 PM
Fire Giant

This guy made a Reddit post a few weeks ago and got laughed at then deleted all his posts in shame.

Is higher levels camping mid to low level stuff for farming purposes despicable? Perhaps, but that's how it always was on live. This guy should track Brad McQuaid down and whine to him, not the forums.
Last edited by ZiggyTheMuss; 11-18-2016 at 09:36 PM..
Old 11-18-2016, 09:58 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZiggyTheMuss [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This guy made a Reddit post a few weeks ago and got laughed at then deleted all his posts in shame.

Is higher levels camping mid to low level stuff for farming purposes despicable? Perhaps, but that's how it always was on live. This guy should track Brad McQuaid down and whine to him, not the forums.
Too bad we don't have a viable way to communicate to Brad! That would be great. 17 years later, and the guy still gets flack for EQ1. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 11-18-2016, 11:31 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexenu [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Would fucking lol so hard if Nilbog/Rogean trolled this dude in the middle of his butthurt Hasten genocide by spawning a super buffed, undercon Hasten with 32k HP and quads for 200.

*Butthurt OP tries to root Hasten*
*Hasten resists, runs to OP at Selo's speed and rapes him into dust in 2 combat rounds*

"That's enough Hasten killing for you tonight, young man."

Grief*.

Idiot

Down syndrome
Old 11-18-2016, 11:33 PM
Fire Giant

I used to kill Hasten every time I passed him by while traveling in the zone, just because that little bastard knows the TRUE secret behind the named scarabs and won't tell anyone.
Old 11-19-2016, 01:26 AM
Aviak

camping hasten to stop the farmers sounds like a great idea actually. I hated the OOT list...i almost want to come back to p99 to help this guy boycott the greed of eq players
Old 11-19-2016, 01:34 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pumpedup [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
since tracking basically does not work and you are talking about a giant cyclops, if you cant get to it first you dont get it
I think (bc red piggie) you're thinking of player tracking. That's never worked properly afaik for the past 4 years. Mob tracking has always been dead on accurate though.
Old 11-19-2016, 02:26 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by mackenzie [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
camping hasten to stop the farmers sounds like a great idea actually. I hated the OOT list...i almost want to come back to p99 to help this guy boycott the greed of eq players
Wanting to earn platinum to equip your characters is greed. You heard it here first, comrade.
Old 11-19-2016, 03:00 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trollhide [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Wanting to earn platinum to equip your characters is greed. You heard it here first, comrade.
What if I want it more than they do? -Rocket
Old 11-19-2016, 03:25 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by countytime [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It's a huge playability issue. Some classes need jboots just to level, like wizards. You can't join the server and get jboots like you could on Live, or here before the 2014 patch.

The 2014 patch made it so that instead of having a fixed spawn, the SRO AC spawns randomly, some place in the zone, at 9pm. (Technically he spawns somewhere along his wandering path.) What this means is that a high level tracker can just zone in at 9pm and if it pops, they get it. It's happened to me twice. After days of camping, a high level druid zones in at 9pm, the AC pops and they run right to it. The odds of getting it yourself vs. a jboot farmer are now basically zero.

Before, there was a fixed spawn that you could time. No matter how many people were hovering around, only I would know the instant when it would pop, and that would let me get jboots at the appropriate level, i.e. mid 30's.

I've resigned myself to not getting jboots until the 50's, when I'll have to camp the OOT AC for them. Until then it's sow potions. I'm not ever going to get extorted for 7k by a piece of shit like the trackers who go to SRO at 9pm. Not ever. These shitbags have basically said: you can't play on P99 unless you give us 7k to use an exploit that's outside the rules of the game.

So until then, whenever I see someone selling jboots, I'm killing Hasten.

It happened just now. Here you go:

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

If these shitbags can use an exploit to extort the whole server, I don't see why I can't kill a single blue wandering mob. If I wasn't supposed to kill him he'd have more than 3k hps.

This really needs to be fixed. I understand that the change was probably intended to make the SRO AC more fair, but what it actually did was make it impossible to get jboots unless you're a high level tracker. Instead of getting 3k for blocking honest players from playing the game as intended, jboot farmers now get 7k. Instead of helping the situation, the patch actually made these assholes richer.
Guy talks about honest people and is griefing with hasten to block MQ. lulz. You aren't just preventing someone from getting paid their MQ $$, but you're also preventing someone from acquiring their Jboots. Basically just making yourself look like a complete dickhead. Quit being psychotic, go farm your ring, and move on.
Old 11-19-2016, 04:05 AM
Sarnak

I loved camping the AC in SRo, I did it anytime I could back on live. Lost it to a few druids now and then but it was all part of the fun.

One thing that I'm confused about is why its spawning at 9pm and if so why we know that is happening? Half the fun of camping the AC in SRo for me anyway was trying to figure out the mystery of the spawn.

AFAIK it could spawn after nightfall not just at 9pm. 9pm seems a little too easy for pop in trackers to exploit, whereas if it was as on live, all night wouldn't that make it a little more difficult and give non-trackers a chance to compete? Or does it spawn anytime after 9pm?
Closed Thread