Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 11-21-2016, 05:23 AM
Planar Protector

man jcr goes so hard, does chest secretly wish they just gave him the vulak robe?

PKer & Master Trainer and Terrorist of Sullon Zek
Kills: 1278, Deaths: 76, Killratio: 16.82
Old 11-21-2016, 05:23 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcr4990 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It's pretty amazing really. I never really thought about it like that but it's pretty true. Another good example is: "We're a casual guild" - I pointed out how stupid this was on many many occasions. I don't know if they just repeat how casual they are over and over again to justify the lack of performance or if it's because of Chest's deep hatred of the ultra hardcore guilds on P99 and wanting to distance himself from them by lying about being casual. Take it from someone who's been there. There's not a single "casual" aspect of BDA besides having lots of people playing poorly. I don't want to throw blanket statements on all BDA players because there's quite a few that are very good at the game and their class. But unfortunately the mediocre/subpar outweigh the good.

Post the unedited image if you want. I would myself if I had taken a screencap of it before I lost forum access. I don't have anything to hide in what I said.
Finally some validation - BDA did not belong in the casual tier, the whole setup was a joke. Just because it takes 80 people for you to down a Trakanon during the Kunark era, doesn't make you "casual"
Old 11-21-2016, 08:58 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raev [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
[*]Convinced said guild to follow him to the Dark Side by breaking the rotation, a complete inversion of BDA's original message

Lol I know I've spoken/commented candidly on this - but Chest didn't issue the Code Red. There were 4 or 5 of us internally that pushed the issue to revamp or remove ourselves from the Rotation. But, that scab's in place, continue to pick the current injection site for best effects.
Old 11-21-2016, 09:13 AM
Planar Protector

Lol @ mobs going to the best guild...

Mobs, especially in the Kunark era, went to the nerds with the most level 60 Chardok PLed Alts camped at every dragon location and the most jav spamming FTEers sitting through entire Windows.
Old 11-21-2016, 10:26 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daldaen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Lol @ mobs going to the best guild...

Mobs, especially in the Kunark era, went to the nerds with the most level 60 Chardok PLed Alts camped at every dragon location and the most jav spamming FTEers sitting through entire Windows.
And Velious too, replace that with standing on the line and running and having 60 nerds. EQ isnt hard.
Old 11-21-2016, 11:11 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcr4990
Post the unedited image if you want. I would myself if I had taken a screencap of it before I lost forum access. I don't have anything to hide in what I said.
That's not edited, it's BDAvision.
Old 11-21-2016, 11:30 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anichek [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Lol I know I've spoken/commented candidly on this - but Chest didn't issue the Code Red. There were 4 or 5 of us internally that pushed the issue to revamp or remove ourselves from the Rotation. But, that scab's in place, continue to pick the current injection site for best effects.
Regardless of who was pushing for it, the fact that your guild didn't collapse under a complete reversal of message (from 'we're the champions of casual' to 'we're going to stomp on every other casual guild') is amazing to me. Maybe I am misplacing the credit though <shrug>

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daldaen
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fasttimes [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
And Velious too, replace that with standing on the line and running and having 60 nerds. EQ isnt hard.
I am hardly one to defend EQ competition and skill, but Classic and early Kunark were definitely better: with 96 hour variance, 700 max server pop, and Chardok in its infancy TMO/BDA actually mobilized for targets. And VP was no CSR, which was retarded but again something that involved skill. So was early Velious, really, before stupid zone pulls sent us back to the poopsocking era.
Old 11-21-2016, 11:37 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anichek [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I think this only speaks more highly to his exceptional ability to manipulate those who follow him. It is not so easy a thing to sow the seeds of inspiration in another's mind that they blossom completely as the idea hatched in one's own head. Upboats for exceptional cunning.
Old 11-21-2016, 11:38 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raev [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Regardless of who was pushing for it, the fact that your guild didn't collapse under a complete reversal of message (from 'we're the champions of casual' to 'we're going to stomp on every other casual guild') is amazing to me. Maybe I am misplacing the credit though <shrug>

I am hardly one to defend EQ competition and skill, but Classic and early Kunark were definitely better: with 96 hour variance, 700 max server pop, and Chardok in its infancy TMO/BDA actually mobilized for targets. And VP was no CSR, which was retarded but again something that involved skill. So was early Velious, really, before stupid zone pulls sent us back to the poopsocking era.
Who cares what Daldaen the cuck says. The server was ruined with Chardok AE. I am interested in seeing what a new server is like without chardok AE to ruin it.
Old 11-21-2016, 12:26 PM
Kobold

ZZZZZzzzzzzzz
Closed Thread