Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Bugs > Velious Beta > General Beta Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 07-29-2014, 12:28 AM
Kobold

Default Vulak Weapon Changes

Many of the weapons from Vulak were changed over the course of time:

Abashi's

Mrylokars Blood / Zephiras / Mrylokars Vengeance

Gharn's Rock

My question is; will the originals be rolled out and the nerfs still done over time to buff them? Or will the buffed versions automatically start off on Vulak?
Old 07-29-2014, 02:39 AM
Planar Protector

Heard the 2.0 versions of weapons that were upgraded over the course of velious would be in at the start on p99. Haven't seen confirmation though.

I really hope this is the case though because the original weapons in velious were all comparable to VP weapons or worse. The 1 handers were especially mediocre so its no wonder they were all overhauled. Salindrite dagger for instance was 11/18, same as Feverblade.
Old 07-29-2014, 09:49 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dullah [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Heard the 2.0 versions of weapons that were upgraded over the course of velious would be in at the start on p99. Haven't seen confirmation though.

I really hope this is the case though because the original weapons in velious were all comparable to VP weapons or worse. The 1 handers were especially mediocre so its no wonder they were all overhauled. Salindrite dagger for instance was 11/18, same as Feverblade.
Is feverblade still 11/18? That was a Luclin era upgrade:

http://zam.zamimg.com/images/5/4/540...42bc6dee4e.png
Old 07-29-2014, 09:49 AM
Planar Protector

Ongoing Project to find original Velious item stats

It also needs to be taken into consideration all the 2HB items that are boosted in the late-Velious 2HB upgrade patch.
Old 07-29-2014, 09:50 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by koros [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Is feverblade still 11/18? That was a Luclin era upgrade:

http://zam.zamimg.com/images/5/4/540...42bc6dee4e.png
It was reported, haven't seen one in a while to know if it got fixed.

http://www.project1999.com/forums/sh...ght=feverblade
Old 07-29-2014, 10:14 AM
Planar Protector

Does this mean that the gradual weapon upgrades will be part of p99 velious or will the good weapons be in at the start?

Oh and yes the Feverblade is still 11/18 here and also still procs a heal (retarded).
Old 07-29-2014, 10:24 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dullah [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Does this mean that the gradual weapon upgrades will be part of p99 velious or will the good weapons be in at the start?
I'm just making that list in the event the Devs want to follow the timeline. There has been indication from the devs, so far, not to nerf the stats on hundreds of items already in the database to undo them again in a few months. But don't take that as gospel, they could switch things up.
Old 07-29-2014, 02:00 PM
Kobold

Yeah I had done a bunch of research last night because I remember all of this happening in Velious (a TON of changes to weapons) --- so tell me what information we're looking for and I can dig up that stuff again that I found last night.
Old 07-29-2014, 02:50 PM
Developer

Hasn't been decided yet, it will likely be the last thing we discuss/do before release.
Old 07-29-2014, 03:57 PM
Planar Protector

For the love of Tunare, please don't emulate verants mistakes in the name of keeping it classic.