Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 04-27-2021, 05:31 AM
Planar Protector

Default BUT I REALLY DO PLAY NICE!, AUGUST 14, 2000

Source: Everquest General Forum.

By the way, this maybe should have been on the rants board, but perhaps Gordon will come down and answer this mere mortal..

Why why why do you create rules that are detrimental to the players? Play nice started off as a way to prevent KS'ing and verbal abuse. Play nice should not be exploited as a means of allowing everyone the same chance at a spot in line for toilet paper...err...getting xp.

The Play Nice Policies were created because a growing number of customers were being subordinated by other, more powerful, groups of players. These other groups would claim 'ownership' of spawns, loot drops, and even entire zones, refusing to allow other people a chance to experience them. On some servers, guilds had certain areas camped 24x7.

The play nice policies, in regards to spawns and camping, are designed to promote equal access to the areas. If a group can get into a room, they have as much right to be there as anyone else. Are the policies perfect? No, of course - what is? No matter what policy we adopt, there will be people who are helped by the policy, and others that are hurt. Sometimes the policy may help them in one instance and hurt in another.

As I've mentioned in the past, if anyone has any ideas for policies that are easy to understand, are enforceable, do not require a larger CS team than before or after the Play Nice Policies, and will please everyone, I'd be happy to discuss them.

- Gordon

It's been a while since the Play Nice rules were introduced now. How do you think they have impacted upon the game, if at all? Have your say on our Burning Issues Forum. Click here to post.

Return to the main news.

Gorgen (Blue) - Agnostic Troll Warrior of the XXXI Dung

Old 04-27-2021, 08:22 AM
Banned

The PNP is really toxic, and should have been revised a long time ago. I said this almost as soon as I hit max level and realized that the same groups of players were able to hold camps indefinitely.

It would have been so simple to fix with a simple /list. It's super frustrating to spend 12 hours a day in Lower Guk and watch the camps you want to be camped handed off to some loser who just woke up, and then watch the same asshole turn around and the camp off to someone else who just woke up 12 hours later. Would be so simple to fix this. You want a camp? Then join the /list. The person who is currently occupying the camp is required to pass it off to you when they leave, even if they've invited guild-mates to the group before logging offline.

Like I don't understand how anyone thinks that PNP isn't toxic AF? I literally watched last summer as the same people worked in sleep schedules to farm an FBSS indefinitely. They were literally streamed it on Twitch so if an FBSS dropped while the other person was sleeping... the person who looted it couldn't steal it.

And I would be really surprised if there wasn't boxing involved in this either, just from watching the stream. Like dude, I play literally on two computers at any given time. I have an L-shaped desk, and a VPN. I could very easily park an AFK cleric at Frenzied, and reach over with my left hand, press a single button to stand up, a single button to heal, and sit back down. That's really what it looked like I was watching.

I just don't understand how anyone think that this didn't literally ruin P99 for everyone on the entire server, but ultimately I don't give a fuck. Mischief TLP is 1 month away and I've already loaded my Steam balance for Kronos. Haven't been this excited to play a new game in a really, really long time and I feel like a little kid anticipating Christmas right now. The random loot system sounds so fucking epic, imagine getting an FBSS in Sol B.
Old 04-27-2021, 08:44 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by RecondoJoe [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It's super frustrating to spend 12 hours a day in Lower Guk.
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 04-27-2021, 09:41 AM
Sarnak

There is no need for PNP on the Teal Server as we all play nice already.
Old 04-27-2021, 10:13 AM
Planar Protector

I've seen people rage quit because of the PNP effect described above. Long time players, just fed up with the manipulation going on, I hear them voicing their frustration and then they're gone. Several told me the only choice was to join a guild who would be perpetuating the system and they wanted no part of it.
Old 04-27-2021, 10:15 AM
Banned

pops into a camp momentarily
EXCUSE ME THIS CAMP IS HELD BY US GOOD DAY SIR
Old 04-27-2021, 10:18 AM
Planar Protector

Back in TMO VP days we were so nice we pulled the dragons for the competition.
Old 04-27-2021, 10:25 AM
Orc

There is actually a big difference in PNP from here, and actual classic. and it all lays in how its enforced. the staff here never tells petition questers to fuck off, when its obvious they are petitioning not because its against the rules, but because it's against the rules as a way to grief.

There is a difference between petitioning people breaking the rules, and petitioning to grief. and due to the way the staff handles petitioning on these servers. it's been the meta for the last 10 years.

Basically its the staffs fault the server is toxic. If they told them to fuck off and grow up. This place would be alot less toxic. And i wouldn't even play here. Because im here for the toxic atmosphere they have created. And for that i am thankful for them. Brad bless the server staff. Nowhere else can you find a bunch of autism mixed with this level of seriousness and rage. Makes for fun gameplay for me.
Old 04-27-2021, 10:32 AM
Banned

Play nice used to not mean exclusive access to a camp or mob.

Play nice meant always you had to take turns with the player/group at each and every mob and camp.

So people would grp, they would have 6 chances to roll, and the one idiot trying to solo that mob would get 1 chance. Or 1 turn at the mob. 6 people, 6 turns, 1 person 1 turn. Problem simplified down to it's most basic level.

I never had a GM or GuiDE give exclusive access to a mob for any indefinate period of time. I had to share the smugglers in qeynos acqueducts with 4 ppl, 3 in my grp and 1 person soloing down there, and we all took turns, tho the grp helped each other and eventually the 1 guy just left because 4 ppl, = 4 turns.
Old 04-27-2021, 11:45 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by CancerMage [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
There is actually a big difference in PNP from here, and actual classic. and it all lays in how its enforced. the staff here never tells petition questers to fuck off, when its obvious they are petitioning not because its against the rules, but because it's against the rules as a way to grief.

There is a difference between petitioning people breaking the rules, and petitioning to grief. and due to the way the staff handles petitioning on these servers. it's been the meta for the last 10 years.

Basically its the staffs fault the server is toxic. If they told them to fuck off and grow up. This place would be alot less toxic. And i wouldn't even play here. Because im here for the toxic atmosphere they have created. And for that i am thankful for them. Brad bless the server staff. Nowhere else can you find a bunch of autism mixed with this level of seriousness and rage. Makes for fun gameplay for me.
I too came for the clown show
Closed Thread