Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 02-11-2011, 01:51 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mcbard [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I encountered NBG in every group I was in while leveling up.. and this was just a couple of months ago.. so either I got very lucky, things changed very fast, or you're making this up?
I mean, low level gear(under 100pp) lots of people would pass on... but once I got to Lguk or so. Been greed a majority of the time.

Last edited by Randy; 02-11-2011 at 01:53 PM..
Old 02-11-2011, 02:04 PM
Aviak

Greed, unless with friends and its been talked over and everyone is good with NBG.

The fungi camp btw, is a prime example of caster screwing. You want a cleric there, and you likely want a chanter there - as well as an evacer / corpse summoner And jack shit drops there for them outside the occational spell.

And lets face it, 80K or however much the fungi is worth, can pretty much buy one every single spell needed in kunark - as well as a long list of gear upgrades.

Outside of that, and thats the prime reason. I've had enough with the retards who claims NBG, with an item already in their stash somewhere, and then sells it. It happened to me twice on schrooms on live from "need" classes.

In short, fuck it on pickup groups.
Old 02-11-2011, 02:24 PM
Fire Giant

NBG all the way, even on GEBs and yaks. Thats how it always was in any grp i was.
Old 02-11-2011, 02:25 PM
Sarnak

The more valuable the item is, the less reasonable it is to do NBG.

like the guy two posts above me said, if you're a monk and you want a cleric and enchanter there to make the fungus camp possible, you better have some damn good friends who play those classes, or you better plan on letting them roll on the tunic.

I mean really, how is it supposed to be reasonable to say "hey strangers, come help -ME- get one of the most valuable 1 groupable items in the game!"
Old 02-11-2011, 02:32 PM
Banned

Exactly. I say it depends on the camp.
Old 02-11-2011, 03:25 PM
Fire Giant

Back in the day on Tunare it was always NBG. But prices were different there I guess. The best items cost no more than 10k (unless someone was desperate), and only the uber-duper rare items cost more than 20k. Hell, I remember Lammies being 3k and Fungi being 10k. I'm betting those prices will be multiplied x10 until Velious.

I think NBG should be *assumed*, and only greed roll when it's agreed upon the group. However I do agree that it pisses me off when I lose an NBG roll, and then see that person selling the item in EC once the group disbands.
Old 02-11-2011, 03:38 PM
Sarnak

I NBG every camp I do unless the rest of the group disagree. I dont force this on folks. Its a personal choice of mine and ive been in groups that go for greed, i win the roll, and then give it to the need if one is present. Its just not as important to me to get rich as it is to see other folks having a good time.

Bob has crushed you with his wallet.
Old 02-11-2011, 03:46 PM
Fire Giant

NBG all the way, who gives a shit about plat?

only times i ran into peeps in my group leveling up who were strictly against it it was usually some IB/Trans/DA alt
Old 02-11-2011, 04:07 PM
Kobold

I'm pro nbg, to me, EQ has always been about camping gear/upgrades.
Old 02-11-2011, 04:41 PM
Kobold

If it is a pickup group, greed
If it's friends or guildmates, nbg