Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 04-02-2020, 04:03 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizax_Xaziv [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This item is creating a situation similar to Chardok AEs. Certain guilds are are using massive numbers of wand charges to power level specific classes to bolster their ranks for Kunark.

This is giving an inherently unfair advantage to said guilds, who are monopolizing the camp for the item. P99 servers end up top-heavy enough at baseline that we certainly don't need hundreds of characters being power leveled via Red Wood Wands in addition.

Please Nerf these Wands! Making them LORE would be a great start! Items like the Manastone were removed because they were considered too powerful and it's the same thing here. Red Wood Wand spam COMPLETELY AND TOTALLY trivializes the leveling process. It removes ALL difficulty and chance of death for the player!
NO1CURR'S

This is a emulated server with modifications enjoyed by the developers.

The 6 minute respawning guards holding the made up price menu's for recharging items should have told ya....
Old 04-02-2020, 04:04 PM
Fire Giant

Should have been nerfed ages ago. as well as recharging. as well as non classic quests. Green was rushed apparently

They will get it right by next server
Old 04-02-2020, 04:06 PM
Planar Protector

I agree with OP badsically cuz i really like their name.
Old 04-02-2020, 04:49 PM
Fire Giant

WTS red wood wands 3k each
Old 04-02-2020, 05:45 PM
Planar Protector

Obtaining and using this item to get levels quick and exploit mechanics is 100% why anyone should play on green.

If you dont want these classic awesome experiences, then idk, maybe I'd suggest blue!

If you missed it this round, plan on not missing it next time! Use this round to learn how to do it!

Red has an amazing thread about these somewhere I unearthed while looking for some old info back before the launch.

Dont become red players, enjoy the exploit, be good at pve EQ and have fun with these classic hax! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 04-02-2020, 06:09 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Obtaining and using this item to get levels quick and exploit mechanics is 100% why anyone should play on green.

If you dont want these classic awesome experiences, then idk, maybe I'd suggest blue!

If you missed it this round, plan on not missing it next time! Use this round to learn how to do it!

Red has an amazing thread about these somewhere I unearthed while looking for some old info back before the launch.

Dont become red players, enjoy the exploit, be good at pve EQ and have fun with these classic hax! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Sorry, my bad! I THOUGHT I was here to enjoy the experience of playing Classic-era EverQuest, not sit on the Butcherblock Docks watching Rogues, Warriors and Clerics quad kiting to powerlevel themselves....to give said guilds an unfair and anticompetitive advantage come Kunark Raids!
Old 04-02-2020, 06:27 PM
Fire Giant

I get where the complaint is coming from but it's honestly a tedious annoying way of leveling up if you think about it. 76 DMG a click and only 5 charges? Not going to get people very far when mobs have 2-3k HP lol.
45 Dark Elf Wizard - Smurf PVP
41 Enchanter - Jeffery PVP
37 Iksar Monk - Buster PVP
26 Human Ranger - Kenny PVP
RED99
Old 04-02-2020, 06:39 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christina. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I get where the complaint is coming from but it's honestly a tedious annoying way of leveling up if you think about it. 76 DMG a click and only 5 charges? Not going to get people very far when mobs have 2-3k HP lol.
Exactly. Op has clearly never used the wands. They are tedious and you have players lurking trying to steal your wands every recharge.
Old 04-02-2020, 06:49 PM
Kobold

380 instant dmg to 4 mobs
Let’s say you have 24 wands
Doesn’t take a genius to figure out how OP these are for leveling especially if you kill mobs that pay for the recharges...
I bet they are used on every raid boss besides Naggy too.
Old 04-02-2020, 06:53 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizax_Xaziv [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
..to give said guilds an unfair and anticompetitive advantage come Kunark Raids!
It's not even about the advantage. The problem is trivializing content. Nobody did this in classic and it obviously is not the way the game is intended to be played.

The people defending the abuse are clearly the ones currently benefiting from it
Closed Thread