Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Priests

Closed Thread

Old 09-20-2017, 05:55 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravager [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The way the trick works is this:
So the invis is instead of, not in addition to, using hide: that makes much more sense. Thanks for the explanation.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 09-21-2017, 12:25 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravager [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I really like the clicky root. With that, the snare gloves and dot arms, a druid can kill (albeit slowly) anything that doesn't summon. It's very nice not having to abandon a kill because you ran out of mana from resists or fizzles.

Not trying to be snarky, but you should really try the necklace before you judge its usefulness. I use it all the time on my druid and can't think of a single time I lamented not having sneak on that same druid.

High level roots cost a lot in terms of mana. Mobs can break those roots too.
seconded, I don't have the root necklace on my druid that was created like 10 years ago maybe I should work on that ahahah. Howveer, the level 5 root is really helpful for charming in tight areas. Toss on the 30 second root, med for 10 seconds, debuff, charm,buff, buff, buff and boom root wears off and you have a pet in tight quarters. I do that now while swapping out a bunch of spells. Not end of the world but just another thing i have to think about.

awesome for some of the high end charm killing druids can do or even leveling in perma bear pits. it's always safer to have shit rooted around you so having a free one is a major plus .
Old 09-22-2017, 06:33 AM
Sarnak

Not at 60 - perhaps before, but not at 60. Cancel magic is in my charm lineup at 60, or in my swap spot for sure. There is 100% no need for craproot at lvl 60 unless youre on CC duty.

edit: as in 3 min root, charm, cancel root, win
60 Iksar Monk
20 Halfling Druid

=== OMNI ===
Old 09-22-2017, 09:27 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreldorEQ [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Not at 60 - perhaps before, but not at 60.
Probably not at any level, really. The root is crap. It takes too long to cast, and it doesn't last very long.
Also its pretty hard not to post after you.. not because you have a stimulating(sic), but because you are constantly patrolling RnF and filling it with your spam.
Old 09-22-2017, 10:57 AM
Planar Protector

I saw a wood elf druid killing frost giants the other day.

Was root rot/nuking with root neck, ES vambraces and nuking with lumni staff.

She joked it saved her mana to cast SoW on passing warriors.
Old 09-22-2017, 11:32 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

There are so many things wrong with this story. Lol.
Also its pretty hard not to post after you.. not because you have a stimulating(sic), but because you are constantly patrolling RnF and filling it with your spam.
Old 09-22-2017, 02:17 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I hope she had them snared with gloves in case of root breaks
Old 09-22-2017, 02:37 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreldorEQ [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Not at 60 - perhaps before, but not at 60. Cancel magic is in my charm lineup at 60, or in my swap spot for sure. There is 100% no need for craproot at lvl 60 unless youre on CC duty.

edit: as in 3 min root, charm, cancel root, win
I sort of disagree and sometimes I pull with snare, glamour of Tunare, then Root, 36 makes sense with this. In really tight quarters you don't want to have to sit down to change spell slots for buffs and keeping neck would be easier than keeping cancel magic up.
Old 09-22-2017, 02:39 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:

I would think that would be very slow leveling compared to actually using mana (and I have a 46 druid with all those things except the root necklace).

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 09-22-2017, 03:38 PM
Planar Protector

The only druid race that matters is the one that can cast POTG.
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Closed Thread