Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 09-27-2017, 10:07 PM
Orc

Default eqclient.ini missing

I'm coming back to P99 after a year layoff. I'm installing on my new machine, so I'm starting from scratch. All is good, except I'd like to play fullscreen.

I found the FAQ, which reference modifying the eqclient.ini file, but mine is missing.

Please help!
Old 09-29-2017, 10:34 PM
Aviak

I can't get mine either. I've gone through the FAQ and even the windows 7 hidden files issue. I'm trying to get zliz to work.
Old 09-30-2017, 12:01 PM
Fire Giant

Pretty sure if your EQclient.ini is missing the game wont work at all, full screen or not. If your game is actually booting up you're just overlooking the .ini, and you can manually force fullscreen in game under Alt+O>Display tab>Switch to fullscreen button. Try searching your EQ folder with Ctrl+F for just "eqclient" without the .ini

Another option, which is what I use is WindowedBorderlessGaming, it's free and it forces fullscreen but your computer still treats the game as windowed so you can tab out flawlessly and also run programs that require Windowed mode like GINA.

When I first started using WindowedBorderlessGaming my mouse was clicking like a half inch off from where I was actually pointing. Apparently it only happens to a small percent of people that use WBG but if you try WBG and are one of those people with the offset mouse, there's another program called DXWND that runs as part of WindowedBorderlessGaming you run simultaneously and it fixes the mouse issue. If you go the WBG route and have problems, send me a PM I'll try to help.

A third option is the free version of WinEQ2. I personally can't stand WinEQ2, but a lot of people like it.
Old 09-30-2017, 01:25 PM
Planar Protector

eqclient.ini is automatically generated the first time you successfully launch eqgame.exe
Old 09-30-2017, 06:58 PM
Sarnak

C:\Users\YourUserName\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\P rogram Files (x86)\Sony\EverQuest\eqclient.ini

Sometimes these folders can be hidden too. But, that is where your log files and eqclient.ini are.
Old 09-30-2017, 07:09 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulgiamatti [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
eqclient.ini is automatically generated the first time you successfully launch eqgame.exe
To be less cryptic: your eqclient.ini probably doesn't exist because you haven't launched EQ yet. So it's a good thing that you can't find it, because that means you're starting with fresh settings upon initial launch of eqgame.exe - in the case that you download Titanium and end up with someone else's eqclient.ini, you'll probably want to delete it to let the client generate a fresh one for your machine's specs.