Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 05-06-2020, 01:33 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by phr0stbyt3 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Did you participate in any of the lists? I would argue the "life" of the game at one of those camps was completely gone. Making them available at vendors would add value to other parts of the game, but the lists themselves are silly theme park experiences to me. I would equate it to watching hours of Disneyland streamers go on rides, then going to the themepark yourself only to wait in line for 6 hours to enjoy a 30 second ride. Oh, it's also going to cost you $500 to get in the gates.
Quote:
Originally Posted by magnetaress [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
No, I don't have 40 hrs to sit infront of a camp.... lol despite having no life, no friends, and being always afk.

That said I made some great forumposts while everyone was /listing and my elf karma increased.

Look - everyone gets a participation 'point' in wow for just showing up. Essentially, and loot is autorolled at this point. It's even like actually pretty hard to circumvent and I played in a guild... where we attempted to do guild runs, but its hard to field players because the common denominator (people like me) aint got time for being #1 guild on the box *** Or even good enough at the game to do a 'heroic****. And those guilds burn out FAST, that is more of a social game for a group of like 10 people who like managing 40 other peoples personalities.

Perhaps I can't understand the fun in it, but I dont want to log in and acrue points. I want to log in and just dream of a time when I will eventualy get a bone razor, don't give a flip about a ragebringer, nawmean? Actually stilleto of the bloodclaw has a proc, and obsidian dagger looks prettier )

So, it's hard for me to fathom what people are going through. I did it once, when I was in the military I would stahy up to 4am earning dkp with my guildies, BUTTTTTTT here's the big caveat, even back then that DKP wasn't anything I cared about, I just showed up on my cleric /healed and tried to hit on the thots (back when I was still a juvanile virile male). It's human nature I guess, but I wasn't trhying to earn specific gear... I just spent DKP when I had enough and something 'cool' looking dropped. I was friends with a cool mage bro who did farm DKP for specific items and they were super serious about raid times and encouraged me to be their #2 wingman at the time.

Such is life.

Don't get bent over a broken 30 yr old pixel, this game still has a lot of charm even if you've seen it all if we can take a step back from all this 'lets balance', 'make fair', 'need rotations', '/list', /accrued time on accounts at camp shenanagainz

If u are mad, I am sorry my intent isn't to troll, I am just spewing rainbow puke stream of conciousness...

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Bress Brell
Brad Bless
And if I could go back in time and change everything I would make babies with that cool mage bro and be a server mom.\

Yikes I need help, not pickles.
Last edited by magnetaress; 05-06-2020 at 01:36 PM..
Old 05-06-2020, 02:55 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnetaress [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
And if I could go back in time and change everything I would make babies with that cool mage bro and be a server mom.\

Yikes I need help, not pickles.
Gotcha... Sounds like we agree on some things. My biggest criticism is of the manastone camp where it was not lore AND a rare drop rate on a 38 minute spawn. It is physically impossible for one single person to wait 80 hours to obtain that, and encourages enlisting mechanics that operate in grey rule areas and violate the classic EQ experience anyway. Might as well just put it on a vendor, and/or make it 100% drop rate every 2 hours with account-lore, or item lore at the very least. I don't necessarily want it to be easier, hence my suggestion for a 10kpp price tag. Heck, make it a quest for all I care. A complete redesign of the camp would work too, but the /list on this camp specifically is not classic at all.
Last edited by phr0stbyt3; 05-06-2020 at 02:59 PM..
Old 05-06-2020, 02:58 PM
Planar Protector

Lore would have been an excellent step in the right direction with that camp for sure. Thx )

I guess for certain specific items, you really have a totally valid point. I shouldn't godzilla u.
Old 05-06-2020, 02:59 PM
Orc

Quote:
Lore would have been an excellent step in the right direction with that camp for sure. Thx )

I guess for certain specific items, you really have a totally valid point. I shouldn't godzilla u.
I'm immune to that anyway [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 05-07-2020, 12:53 AM
Planar Protector

When was the lore mechanic introduced? Was it in from day 1?
Old 05-07-2020, 10:26 AM
Planar Protector

What lore mechanic? I have an original manastone on live, it's over 20 years old. It's not lore, it's exactly how it is here on P99.
Old 05-07-2020, 10:29 AM
Planar Protector

You know that mechanic that makes it so you can only have one copy of some items in inventory / banked?

I was wondering if it came in around the time of the Temple Sol Ro armor. I remember the 'Lore Pending' tag on Shralok Packs and other items, which suggests to me that perhaps at some point there may not have been a 'lore' mechanic in game.
Old 05-07-2020, 10:47 AM
Planar Protector

Oh I thought you meant making legacy items lore (that wouldn't change anything, people would just put them on mules, just like they do with beads or lockets etc).

Anyway, just to sum up - I think the current way of handling thing is a great compromise between all factors. Just add the random award to first 6 on the list and it will be perfect. Maybe test it on an existing Blue camp for a bit before Kunark hits on Green.

What current Blue items/camps would be good candidates for a quick test? Scout Charisa comes to mind but it's not really and item camp, or a camp at all really.
Old 05-07-2020, 12:17 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izmael [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Oh I thought you meant making legacy items lore (that wouldn't change anything, people would just put them on mules, just like they do with beads or lockets etc).

Anyway, just to sum up - I think the current way of handling thing is a great compromise between all factors. Just add the random award to first 6 on the list and it will be perfect. Maybe test it on an existing Blue camp for a bit before Kunark hits on Green.

What current Blue items/camps would be good candidates for a quick test? Scout Charisa comes to mind but it's not really and item camp, or a camp at all really.
1 per account, 1 account per person. Per SSN. 1 Character.

ironically 1 character forum account is already best practice, its a bannable offense over at takp to have multiple forum accounts.

FYI: this is my only forum account all the rest were banned

don't be *EXPLETIVES*
Old 05-07-2020, 12:20 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You know that mechanic that makes it so you can only have one copy of some items in inventory / banked?

I was wondering if it came in around the time of the Temple Sol Ro armor. I remember the 'Lore Pending' tag on Shralok Packs and other items, which suggests to me that perhaps at some point there may not have been a 'lore' mechanic in game.
I think if it was in it was rarely seen, yeah there is a lot of non classic stuff here...

There should be a server that never goes past week 2 or w/e

I use tog in and train the entire newbie zones to the guards to loot up, i made about 10p per hr this way on my newbie characters I dont think guards should gank the mob (poof) if the guard gets the kill the corpse should be locked and everyone should have a chance at the loot, no exp, if u do 50% dmg the killl should be urs

No LORE

No NO DROP

No Trivial loot code

KSing should be legal, people should be able to mez steel and wiz nuke

Seriously its great that blue/green/red (sorta) have rules, and they try to follow a pnP

There is room for a wild wild west server tho.

also wiz nukes got nerfed, right at the end of beta, b4 live, but they should be unerffed and wizards should have their full potential unocked
Closed Thread