Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 05-04-2020, 08:41 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Priestnthku [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I am one of those individuals on live who routinely purchases 50 - 100 krono a month supporting Daybreak during progression to have the top items. I have my project 1999 life where I enjoy killing low end content. But on TLP's i enjoy using my Krono's to buy the best gear because well, I can. Being at a point in my life where I make approximately 18k monthly with no kids and no bills, I choose my entertainment as running around with these nice trinkets. I suppose it's my hobby. Would I ever do it in Project 1999? Hell no. I only buy the Krono's on live because I can purchase 25 at a time from Daybreak directly and support the company and also have fun.
Nice join date, I too am a millionaire doctor who keeps 10/10 bunnies for friends. I impress them with the gear my characters have, they think I am silly but the money makes up for it.
Old 05-04-2020, 08:45 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mblake81 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Nice join date, I too am a millionaire doctor who keeps 10/10 bunnies for friends. I impress them with the gear my characters have, they think I am silly but the money makes up for it.
Not sure why you don’t believe him. Plenty of people on P99 make good money, even more than that guy.
Old 05-04-2020, 09:05 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd288 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Not sure why you don’t believe him. Plenty of people on P99 make good money, even more than that guy.
And they are always the first to bring it up...

"if the rules are all you use to determine what you should or shouldn't do, you're probably an a-hole" -soup

Hooden • Xegony enchanter '00 - '02 • <Aeternus> from SoD '06 - '07
Old 05-05-2020, 06:18 AM
Decaying Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mblake81 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I apologize if I somehow upset you. I was simply trying to point out that the purchase of "pixels" for some is indeed fun. I don't have the amount of free-time it would require to obtain many hard to acquire in-game items and things like Krono's allow me to have the ability to obtain these accordingly. I would bet that while there are many who make the game toxic by purchasing items in these games to "flex" there are just as many like myself who just enjoy a casual experience and making the most of their entertainment time. If I can simply spend 5% of a month's income to purchase items which would be unattainable and increase my happiness while playing I find than satisfying for my personal experience.
Old 05-20-2020, 09:51 AM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Priestnthku [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I apologize if I somehow upset you. I was simply trying to point out that the purchase of "pixels" for some is indeed fun. I don't have the amount of free-time it would require to obtain many hard to acquire in-game items and things like Krono's allow me to have the ability to obtain these accordingly. I would bet that while there are many who make the game toxic by purchasing items in these games to "flex" there are just as many like myself who just enjoy a casual experience and making the most of their entertainment time. If I can simply spend 5% of a month's income to purchase items which would be unattainable and increase my happiness while playing I find than satisfying for my personal experience.
I used to think like this as well. Speaking from experience and having invested over $1000 invested in PlanetSide 2, I would suggest to you that buying in-game items for real money only provides temporary satiety over your pixel lust. It's really just a hollow substitute for actual gameplay, which is WHY you're lusting in the first place.
Old 05-20-2020, 10:57 AM
Orc

Kronos ruin EQ, everyone has top gear on tlp. It just sucks
Old 05-20-2020, 11:18 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spineripper [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Kronos ruin EQ, everyone has top gear on tlp. It just sucks
I am using newbie yard armor and Koshiganata hardly top gear for LDON

no one is forcing u to use good gear
Old 05-20-2020, 11:54 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If the game is such a boresome chore you’d rather pay someone else to play it then perhaps you oughtn’t be playing it afterall.

Remember this is a social rpg. I know it’s a meme, but it really is about the friends an adventures we make along the way and not having a ‘finished’ min max character.

Frankly it flabbergasts me that ‘paying not to play’ is such a successful model in modern gaming.
While I completely agree that EQ isn't just about collecting pixels, it's about the social aspect ... I actually think the pixels don't explain the RMT. Ironically, I think it's the "social" part of EQ that does.

EQ creates a social community. When we humans in social communities see other humans in that community appear to be more successful, we get envious (as proof, see the posts above this one where people claim to make lots of money, and then other people gripe about it [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]).

I don't think anyone is paying $700 to RMT an item because they think they'll have $700 more fun ... I think it's:

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 05-20-2020, 11:59 AM
Banned

Kronos are ridiculously easy to obtain on tlp launches... can make 100s before velious is out playing semi casually (8 hour full time job and adulting chores between play)
Old 05-20-2020, 12:00 PM
Banned

Bet then again same can be said with p99 plat [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Closed Thread