Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 05-03-2021, 04:12 PM
Orc

Default Support For Classic UI skins

Will there ever be support for a classic skin like this one? https://github.com/erfg12/titanium-classicui
Old 05-03-2021, 04:18 PM
Skeleton

Have to bump this and ask what the official stance is on making something close to this the default?

Is there a reason we have the current UI and not something actually 100% classic? Not asking to be a smart ass or to put anyone down, just wondering if it’s an accessibility concern, or some technical issue.
Old 05-03-2021, 04:30 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slatzor [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Have to bump this and ask what the official stance is on making something close to this the default?

Is there a reason we have the current UI and not something actually 100% classic? Not asking to be a smart ass or to put anyone down, just wondering if it’s an accessibility concern, or some technical issue.
On Al'Kabor you can turn the old interface on.

There is reason. Basically as much as I like it, it was buggy and not all that practical. Id wager the majority of players played with something more to Velious UI. To make Old Classic work with Velious UI there was the F10 thing, the Old UI would not scale to the whole screen so every time you press I for Inventory you went to your inventory in the Classic UI but scaled down to 640x480 so you would have the full screen bars on all angles.

It just wasn't good.

That among other things. The longer you go the more stable the client got. Titanium is the *Stable* build that also has other newage functionality that works better with new hardware.

It just isn't realistic to expect classic UI.

It is however doable, you could create this UI again in SIDL. You would need to learn SIDL which is basically just a tag language really. There are limits in the SIDL.xml file as that is the parent of it all so it uses a hierarchy. This UI might work with tweaks i don't know how he programmed it but either way I'll download it and try later.

aboutsidl.doc has documentation on this to learn how it's done, it is usually in titanium installs.
Last edited by Shawk; 05-03-2021 at 04:35 PM..