Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 05-04-2021, 01:46 AM
Fire Giant

im guessing. but it's probably a server tick rate issue.

Basically client does the hit, sends to server, server sees the hit as it ticks every second or whatever the tick rate is, but because most likely the animation is just two swings in sequence (i forget what it looks like), so then it has two casts and it only recognized the first as the tick for the second is probably like 0.1ms so it sees the double-hit, the integer/float value is removed for both hits and is done on server but the 2nd animation sequence however needs a delay to match the server tick rate.. just me guessing.

But I wonder, do you see other people doing the Double-hit animation when it procs? Or just your own client isn't seeing the animation? This would single out weather it is a client or server issue kind of at least. If neither Client 1 or Client 2 sees the animation that the server is replicating then its obviously a server tick rate issue most likely.
Old 05-04-2021, 01:31 PM
Planar Protector

I'm so psyched that p99 EQemu is at the point where we are trying to get the animations vibing right. Nice.
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 05-04-2021, 04:05 PM
Kobold

This is a great project, thanks for looking into this. I think it's time to make an animation overhaul sticky -- for instance, the wolf animation is also kind of irritating, where their legs move at half speed.

I am really surprised how much awful behavior gets tolerated on these forums. This thread is half-full of just terrible behavior.
Old 05-04-2021, 08:55 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahmani [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This is a great project, thanks for looking into this. I think it's time to make an animation overhaul sticky -- for instance, the wolf animation is also kind of irritating, where their legs move at half speed.

I am really surprised how much awful behavior gets tolerated on these forums. This thread is half-full of just terrible behavior.
It's not my intention to derail the thread from the OP's topic, but a godly player fixed the wolf animation as well as the Iksar Archery & 2h weapon attack animations in a thread over here.

https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...ksar+animation

This dropbox for the files currently works.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/vj3clyx4ds...zaelafixes.zip

Playing an Iksar SK without the files is pretty depressing. Install them if you play a lizard.
Old 05-05-2021, 04:09 PM
Fire Giant

I think that Iksar issue is more of a "Root Motion" issue he fixed. But If you can do that, then you should be able to change the Double-Hit Animations for the others by making "doube-hit" its own animation instead of two hits happening simultaneous which I am just assuming is the issue, could verywell be easier than that even.

So ya if they could do that then I don't see why we can't just put a new Sequence Montage anim for a double hit that just plays a Double-Hit animation instead of a Hit animation twice cause I assume its a dsync/serverTick thing.

I have experience with Blender animation so I'll see what I can do.

Only issue is I have extracted the animations from the s3d before, and imported new ones.. but Getting Animations to display properly in programs is hard because they're a odd format.. But I have yet to export a newer client version of the animations, so maybe they have been changed to be more compatible.

Id like to know how he did this so I'll figure that out, I think it was the .MS file for the "Skeleton Mesh" and bone locations.. .OBJ is the object obviously which is the "Mesh", and .POV i think is the animation sequence which I am not familiar with and kinda looked into but it is a "POV-Ray Scene" file. Anyways.. you can manually read that files and input the locations into blender or whatever but I am sure there is a better way.