Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 06-24-2014, 02:33 PM
Orc

Default Legendary Items that Never Existed

I thought about asking this for awhile now. Back in the day on live there was a member of one of the top raiding guilds who was quite famous, we has very nice to all, and was well known to have a lot of plat. He collected rare items and for months to over a year he auctioned off:

"WTB -(Gloves of the Ritual) offering 1 mil plat" - after thinking about it, he might have said the name was something like (Nexus Gloves of the Ritual)

I know for a fact he didn't do it as a joke. He really thought these gloves existed and I asked him what made them worth 1 mil plat and he said they had right click gate of the nexus that all classes and races could use.

So did such a myth of a item on your server exist? do you recall what the item was or what made it so special? We know of items that were very rare with limited drops or nerfs, but what are the items that NEVER existed.

He also said these gloves were tradeable, so I don't think such a item came from a GM event; however, if such items ever came out of a GM event I would also be interested in hearing about other GM items that you would never have known to exist. I know of the "oogly stick" that was right click troll illusion, but I have found that item in eq databases.

(This was late Luclin era for me, but I figure this question applies to all eras)
Last edited by Edgar; 06-24-2014 at 08:42 PM..
Old 06-24-2014, 02:58 PM
Planar Protector

http://wiki.project1999.com/Leatherfoot_Raider_Skullcap
Old 06-24-2014, 03:09 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swish2 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
lol

Every song I play is actually just me screaming the 1812 Overture in a raspy, shrieking falsetto.
Old 06-24-2014, 03:27 PM
Planar Protector

Well there was an item that casted Nexus gate; it was given out as part of the lead up to Luclin release.

http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=7065

Al`Kabor's Propylon of the Nexus Share

MAGIC ITEM LORE ITEM ARTIFACT NO TRADE
Slot: NECK
Charges: Unlimited
AC: 15
HP: +50
SV MAGIC: +20
Effect: The Nexus (Any Slot/Can Equip, Casting Time: 20.0) at Level 5
WT: 1.5 Size: SMALL
Class: ALL
Race: ALL
Slot 1, Type 7 (General: Group)
Old 06-24-2014, 03:29 PM
Fire Giant

original veksar trash droped wurmslayer kinda weapons with bane dmg 200 to dragons named wyrmslayer.

Removed 1 hour later after they launched it in stormhammer server.
Old 06-24-2014, 08:40 PM
Orc

I seem to recall that he told me that the gloves had a long cast time of like 20 seconds. I wonder if the idea of the gloves existing came from the GM item that Ele mentioned.

Stormhammer was the legendary server that cost more to play and had unique items compared to the other servers correct?
Old 06-25-2014, 02:56 AM
Sarnak

ARADUNE!! I shall forever resent your family line for making my nubile high school self think Rangers would ever get a fiery avenger!! My rl paladin classmate was right. This resentfulness I swear and have carved into my inner right thigh resentfully with a knife that I heated like so hot on my parents' stove

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 06-25-2014, 03:47 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vermicelli [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
ARADUNE!! I shall forever resent your family line for making my nubile high school self think Rangers would ever get a fiery avenger!! My rl paladin classmate was right. This resentfulness I swear and have carved into my inner right thigh resentfully with a knife that I heated like so hot on my parents' stove

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
That armor was called "Green Splint Mail" or something. For some reason, everyone thought it existed somewhere (Aradune probably said it did). There's nothing more classic than people claiming daily that they found where Green Splint Mail dropped.
Old 06-25-2014, 09:59 AM
Banned

WTS prenerf [Arctic Scallop], 1 mil
Old 06-25-2014, 10:11 AM
Planar Protector

I used to auction 'WTB - Pants of Irritation'. Got a lot of comedic value out of some of the tells.