Old 11-12-2014, 09:23 AM
Large Rat

Default Can't stop creating toons

So my current lineup is as follows
DawnChild lvl 7 wood elf Druid
Protectsthebrood lvl 6 Iksar Warrior
Aggron lvl 5 Ogre Shaman
Flock lvl 4 Halfling Rogue
I'm enjoying all of the classes equally and can't really decide who to level first, or if I should just do it Pokemon style and try to keep them all even. I'm at a loss! Does anyone else have this problem?
Old 11-12-2014, 09:26 PM
Large Bat

Yup, Red and Blue Dwarf Paladin, Blue Human Druid and Barby Shaman.

All varying levels. SO MUCH TO DO!

And little time, midterms and certifications exams. DAMN YOU RL.
Old 11-13-2014, 04:16 AM
Planar Protector

I have 16 characters on P1999. In the beginning I shit around playing 5 or 6 of them and never got any of them above level 20. I even deleted some and changed races and did the same. Well guess what I had fun but never had any plat to buy toys in the Tunnel.

I got off my ass and leveled up my Druid to 54 and made a ton of plat porting, PLing etc. Probably have made 700 to 800k on it. Now I have 6 or 7 of my alts as Twinks. Game is a lot more fun and now I still play a lot of them, but having GOOD gear is a LOT more fun trust me. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] But YMMV.
Old 11-13-2014, 12:10 PM
Planar Protector

You're touring all the starting areas it seems - that's no bad thing [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 11-13-2014, 12:24 PM
Banned

Take your time. The game play mechanics are very fun (for some), its not all about the pixels.

Remember to enjoy yourself.
Old 11-13-2014, 01:16 PM
Sarnak

If you're enjoying yourself, then you're doing what the game was designed to do

If you're asking the question "how do I enjoy the game more fully" then level up a character and smash some adventures. There is no real "artificial ceiling" at 60. You're not super-powerful and can solo whatever you want in any zone -- and it takes a while to get there anyways. You *need* allies to explore the bitterest reaches of the game with, and that's where the all fun is, for me at least.

"... I don't think I remember him digging for this long..."

The A-Team

twitch.tv/crexxus
Last edited by Waedawen; 11-13-2014 at 01:19 PM..
Old 11-13-2014, 02:29 PM
Aviak

I am the same way. I have about 5 toons all under 20 and can't decide. I think I will focus on my druid so I can fund my favorite class, a monk. I know I could play him now and level decently enough but they are just a fun class to twink out.
Old 11-13-2014, 02:32 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by DawnChild [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So my current lineup is as follows
DawnChild lvl 7 wood elf Druid
Protectsthebrood lvl 6 Iksar Warrior
Aggron lvl 5 Ogre Shaman
Flock lvl 4 Halfling Rogue
I'm enjoying all of the classes equally and can't really decide who to level first, or if I should just do it Pokemon style and try to keep them all even. I'm at a loss! Does anyone else have this problem?
Personally I'd take shaman to 60 so you can farm/gear alts accordingly. Too many alts makes EQ hell. Best to focus one or two at most (just one to be honest), and take em to max. Then start a new one if you're still craving more alts.

There is literally zero platinum to be made 1-43 in comparison to higher levels. All the good stuff is 44-60.

Long as you're having fun that's all that really matters. However, there are many grueling ways to come up in this P99 world; don't make it too rough on yourself with a slew of characters early on.
Last edited by Clark; 11-13-2014 at 02:37 PM..
Old 11-13-2014, 03:04 PM
Sarnak

This was literally all I did when I played EverQuest when I was 8. I'd get a character to level 12 and make a new one. When one server was full I switched to another. Was kind of ridiculous...

Do what makes you happy, though. If you really want a high level character just try to figure out which of them you think you could stick with the longest. There's no rush on this server to hit cap. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 11-13-2014, 04:40 PM
Planar Protector

Farming gear is boring, way more fun to gear up toons through their own efforts imho, especially melees.

Keep having fun! I alt all the time.
Closed Thread