Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 04-11-2011, 09:49 PM
Aviak

Default First time tank

Hey all,
I never played a tank on live so I never fully understood all of the tanking mechanics.

Anyone have any explanations or links to guides on AC, Taunt, grouping, weapon choices, Armor, etc....

Thanks!
Old 04-11-2011, 09:56 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hildy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hey all,
I never played a tank on live so I never fully understood all of the tanking mechanics.

Anyone have any explanations or links to guides on AC, Taunt, grouping, weapon choices, Armor, etc....

Thanks!
Shadowknight: Cast Disease Cloud.
Paladin: Cast Blind, or reroll SK.
Warrior: Reroll SK, or reroll Paladin.
Old 04-11-2011, 09:57 PM
Aviak

lmao seems to be the basic idea of the sk =p I'm just wondering more about how AC really works and how to decide between ac, hp, stam...stuff like that....
Old 04-11-2011, 10:01 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hildy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
lmao seems to be the basic idea of the sk =p I'm just wondering more about how AC really works and how to decide between ac, hp, stam...stuff like that....

Oh, you picked SK - good choice :P

AC is good in almost every situation. Even the casters of EQ melee hit like level 99 monks. Same goes for stam/HP. AE spells, DD nukes, and dots you will always take to the face while tanking. Anything with good ac (normally plate) and stam/HP on it, you want.

*correct me if i'm wrong - tanks*
Old 04-12-2011, 12:19 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edzilla [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Paladin: Cast Blind, or reroll SK.
Warrior: Reroll SK, or reroll Paladin.
Lol... you'd make a terrible paladin.
Old 04-12-2011, 12:30 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

!!!!!
Old 04-12-2011, 05:46 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edzilla [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
In the early levels, with no monk present (say 9-15), you can get away with a Siphon Strength - for 5 mana instead of 10 !

Sounds crazy? IT IS!!

If you've picked a SK with low int (troll/ogre) then its worth bearing in mind for sustained pulls [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

..and don't forget, the taunt button does work - use it, save the mana [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 04-12-2011, 06:45 AM
Sarnak

Don't let anybody steer you from the best tanking class in the game. Everyone wants to down talk warriors, because they can't nuke at 80% exactly, and rogues might have to evade or come in after 5%, but people are just too lazy to let a warrior gain aggro and that's not the warrior's fault, it's the groups job. But that's just me, i'd rather not give away exp to a hybrid because the group's lazy.
Old 04-12-2011, 08:07 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
AC is good in almost every situation. Even the casters of EQ melee hit like level 99 monks. Same goes for stam/HP. AE spells, DD nukes, and dots you will always take to the face while tanking. Anything with good ac (normally plate) and stam/HP on it, you want.

*correct me if i'm wrong - tanks*
Guide to picking stats as a tank:
http://wiki.project1999.org/index.ph...rated_Warriors

There are a few "warrior only" portions, but with regards to gearing, all 3 tank classes are pretty much in the same boat. If you want to tank well, I suggest you memorize.
Old 04-12-2011, 08:10 AM
Aviak

Default Thanks but....

Thanks for the replies guys but maybe I was misleading in my OP. I'm already playing a level 16 SK.

I'm looking for a detailed explanation of tanking mechanics like AC mitigation, how taunt works exactly, suggestions on sacrificing AC for stats.
Closed Thread