Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Melee

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 02-14-2020, 01:46 PM
MikeXG MikeXG is offline
Sarnak


Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 290
Default Cinda's Charismatic Carillon - Bard song question

https://wiki.project1999.com/Cinda%2...matic_Carillon

I don't think I've ever really used this song, I assume it works similarly to the enchanter faction buff line? I recently saw a video where an enchanter went into Velks, used werewolf illusion and the level 51 faction spell - this brought them to non KOS faction for (i think) the entire zone. I was curious if a bard would be able to do this with a lute of the howler and Cinda's Charismatic Carillon? If so, do they need to maintain the song or does it persist until cast on something else/zone like the enchanter?

Thanks all
-M
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 02-14-2020, 02:03 PM
System Shock System Shock is offline
Large Bat

System Shock's Avatar

Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 13
Default

It persist's until cast on something else/zone. About the Velks faction with the illusion i'm not sure.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 02-14-2020, 02:14 PM
MikeXG MikeXG is offline
Sarnak


Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 290
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by System Shock [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It persist's until cast on something else/zone. About the Velks faction with the illusion i'm not sure.
Thanks mate, assuming it boosts faction enough, I assume it will work. I'll give it a try this weekend and report.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 02-26-2020, 09:11 AM
Wallicker Wallicker is offline
Planar Protector


Join Date: Nov 2018
Posts: 1,015
Default

Bard doesn’t even need lute of the howler to be non kos in velks, our faction song is significantly better than enchanters spell, it boosts faction by 600pts.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 03-03-2020, 07:35 AM
Borak Borak is offline
Kobold


Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 107
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wallicker [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Bard doesn’t even need lute of the howler to be non kos in velks, our faction song is significantly better than enchanters spell, it boosts faction by 600pts.
To be fair, you will need to use the lute + faction song if you kill Velketor the Sorcerer enough times, and eventually even that won't work. Back in the CSG days we killed him a lot I guess!

Even if you never killed Velketor, be warned. Don't just wander aimlessly in Velks without paying attention. If you go deep enough into Velks, you will find Frost Spectres. These will be KoS to you regardless. These are near Lord Bob I think? It's been awhile.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 03-03-2020, 08:00 AM
Wallicker Wallicker is offline
Planar Protector


Join Date: Nov 2018
Posts: 1,015
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Borak [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
To be fair, you will need to use the lute + faction song if you kill Velketor the Sorcerer enough times, and eventually even that won't work. Back in the CSG days we killed him a lot I guess!

Even if you never killed Velketor, be warned. Don't just wander aimlessly in Velks without paying attention. If you go deep enough into Velks, you will find Frost Spectres. These will be KoS to you regardless. These are near Lord Bob I think? It's been awhile.
Yes they are up past lower dogs next to lord BoB.

Yes, if you lower your base faction far enough, then songs/spells won’t be enough. Same is true of SG.

Pro tip if you use a factioned eyeball at dubious faction then illusion to something kos is a great way to risk free pull and/or trainup. I used this often with water illusion in ToV.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:20 PM.


Everquest is a registered trademark of Daybreak Game Company LLC.
Project 1999 is not associated or affiliated in any way with Daybreak Game Company LLC.
Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.