Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 05-04-2020, 10:58 AM
Planar Protector

Default Use /List function for non-legacy camps

Certain camps are perfect for this mechanic to help reduce staff oversight and player scumbaggery.

Specifically things like:

Ancient Cyclops (OoT)
Ancient Jarsath
Bloodhill marauder
Pained soul
Rotting skeleton
Verix Kyloxs
Stormfeather

These are all in game for the life of the server and while they’re not legacy camps they are camps that are limited to a single mob or a single room and are constant sources of drama and guild scumbaggery when it comes to list creation.

If you’ve done the legwork to create the system you can further utilize it for some of these single named quest camps to prevent huge numbers of petitions.
Old 05-04-2020, 10:59 AM
Planar Protector

voted no.
Old 05-04-2020, 11:06 AM
Planar Protector

There are camp rules in place for many of the mobs listed in the OP.

adding a /list to them would enable 'bad' players.
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Old 05-04-2020, 11:21 AM
Planar Protector

I feel like this is the eventual future of lists, and someday I fully support this ...

... when /list is "fully baked". But as Green has shown, the system still has some issues, and I think the devs are right to be cautious with their "automated GMing" system until the system feels as "classically EverQuesty" as possible.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 05-04-2020, 11:23 AM
Planar Protector

+1 for OP. Add Magi Ptasa, Sev, Vox and such as well to curb the MQ black market and allow cool and normal folks to camp their epic.

Also mobs such as Vaniki etc.

Blue is perfect for beta-testing the future versions of /list.
Old 05-04-2020, 11:28 AM
Planar Protector

List is good for meth heads and people who eat Adderall like candy.

The smartest solution would be for a system that keeps track of your participation such as killing the named and its phs. When the item drops, the person present with most participation points gets the item. like dkp.These points carry over each time u visit the camp. That way even if you only play a couple of hours a day, you'll eventually have the most pts at a given time.

Typed on my phone. Hope that makes sense. Glad I play on pvp servers cuz this shit is yikes.
Last edited by SamwiseRed; 05-04-2020 at 11:31 AM..
Old 05-04-2020, 01:23 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I feel like this is the eventual future of lists, and someday I fully support this ...

... when /list is "fully baked". But as Green has shown, the system still has some issues, and I think the devs are right to be cautious with their "automated GMing" system until the system feels as "classically EverQuesty" as possible.
If I thought the list system could be sufficiently baked, I'd agree with you, but I do not. There's no way to 'fix' the list system. I think it shoudl pass into history with the legacy items it covers now.

Even if you could 'fix' it, it's not EQ.
Old 05-04-2020, 02:22 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamwiseRed [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
List is good for meth heads and people who eat Adderall like candy.

The smartest solution would be for a system that keeps track of your participation such as killing the named and its phs. When the item drops, the person present with most participation points gets the item. like dkp.These points carry over each time u visit the camp. That way even if you only play a couple of hours a day, you'll eventually have the most pts at a given time.

Typed on my phone. Hope that makes sense. Glad I play on pvp servers cuz this shit is yikes.
at least someone realizes the list only caters to drug addicts, i said from day 1 a list is fine but after the drop the list needs to be completely randomized so another person gets a chance, waiting in order literally makes it impossible for adults to camp anything.
Old 05-04-2020, 03:36 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by fadetree [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If I thought the list system could be sufficiently baked, I'd agree with you, but I do not. There's no way to 'fix' the list system. I think it shoudl pass into history with the legacy items it covers now.

Even if you could 'fix' it, it's not EQ.
I have yet to hear you or anyone else poke a hole in my "/list for a chance to kill the mob" idea. And I think that's because it's how EverQuest works: you show up somewhere, wait your turn, and then hope to get lucky. You do that with Hadden today, and you'd continue to do so with Hadden (or whoever else) tomorrow if you had to /list for a chance to kill him.

Everything else in the game works that way, so to me if /list does so also that's a win.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 05-04-2020, 07:21 PM
Sarnak

List is a tumor.

We should kill tumors, not encourage their spread and growth.

Surgical resection with concomitant ablative radiotherapy.

Pull it out, burn it up. Take measures to ensure against its return.
Closed Thread