Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Bugs

Old 07-22-2014, 11:01 AM
Planar Protector

Default Necromancer Spells

I'm pretty sure I've seen these spells casted all the time, which isn't Classic. The following three spells should only be castable during night time (8PM-5AM) hours:
  • Quivering Veil of Xarn
  • Levant
  • Skin of the Shadows

Necro Forum 2001

Quote:
Quivering Veil of Xarn (nightime only harmsheild with 10 minute recast, yeah, i'll use this)
Quivering Veil - Everlore 2001

Quote:
Description:
Not only will this spell grant you temporary invulnerability, it will also regen 200 hitpoints, give you a 35 damage shield, and turn you into a skeleton.
Quote:
yes its true you can only cast this at night..i found out the hard way....this is soo ghey..it could have been a great spell but the night only factor and how it takes so long to refresh makes it ghey gheyghey
Quivering Veil - Casters Realm

Levant - Everlore 2001

Quote:
GREAT TRAVEL SPELL
Very handy wen you have a long journey accross many zones.
Wait till nightime and then off you go, with a worker sledgemallet you may even beat a few wizzies and druids as you rush to guild raids.
Be worth researching where u end up first tho!
spiderlilly 55 nec luclin
Quote:
Just to add to my previous post. I've used Levant much more since then and have figured out (somewhat) how to make good use of it. Still it's night only so you can only enjoy it at night, and the mana cost is hefty. This spell is absolutely not meant for use in battle (though I imagine that creative necros could...). Ok here are my findings, I've only used it in about half the zones, so I'll try to remember them all:
Quote:
If u think about it its a kinda cool concept that some spells can only be cast at night but i really dont see why they chose this particular one especially when it takes 5 seconds to cast.
Quote:
NOW, for the downside. Verant in their infinite wisdom, made this spell night-only. It can only be cast from the in-game hours of 8pm to 5am. This spell does not work at 7pm nor does it work at 6am. Welcome to downtown Lameville, my fellow practitioners of the Dark Arts. If anyone knows why this spell was tagged as Night-only, I'd love to hear an explanation. Skin of the Shadow is night-only, but it makes sense with that spell. Not with Levant.
Levant - Caster's Realm

Quote:
Description: This spell will evacuate you to a safe point in your current zone.
This spell can onlly be cast at night inbetween the Norrathian hours of 8pm - 5am

I think Skin of the Shadows may already be night only, but for good measure:

Skin of the Shadows

Quote:
Invis lasts for 30 mins
Can only be casted at nightt
its a damn good spell for some places considering ur invis always go the 2nd u cast it i luv this spell...
Quote:
One thing I've noticed so far about this spell, someone correct me if I'm wrong, is that it doesnt' seem to wear off until you cast or attack or do whatever else will normally cancel invisibility. Either that or it's duration is extremely long. Nevertheless, if it's night time and you gotta take a long trip, it's nice.
Skin of the Shadows -Casters Realm

Quote:
Description: Primarily a scouting spell, this enables the Necromancer the ability to see long distances, even in the dark, with an added safety net.
This spell can only be cast at night.
Last edited by Daldaen; 07-22-2014 at 11:11 AM..
Old 07-22-2014, 12:49 PM
Fire Giant

http://fernworks.net/~dyeomans/DownL...l.asp%3FId=510

"At least as of Oct 27, 2001, Quivering Veil can be cast during the day."

http://www.eqclassic.org/forums/view...hp?f=61&t=2517
Night time only spells/songs:

Dance of the Fireflies
Levant
Quivering Veil of Xarn
Skin of the Shadow
Song of Midnight

"*I couldn't find what the exact date was, but I believe it coincides with a large patch that occurred after the switch of the dev companies and introduced a large number of not-in-the-spririt-of-Classic changes. It's some time after the release of Velious but before the actual release of Luclin."

PATCH MESSAGE MAYHEM, MARCH 19, 2002
"Skin of Shadow has had its night only restriction removed"
Last edited by evilkorn; 07-22-2014 at 12:53 PM..
Old 07-22-2014, 12:54 PM
Banned

Ya levant/veil should be night only.
Old 07-22-2014, 01:09 PM
Planar Protector

So Quivering Veil should be night time only until 10 months into Velious.

Levant appears to be night only beyond Luclin. As evidence by here, comments in 2002 and still it mentions night only.

Really surprised necros never bug posted this earlier. Atleast Levant seems to be a big change.
Old 07-22-2014, 01:17 PM
Planar Protector

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 07-22-2014, 01:22 PM
Planar Protector

Interesting thing of note on Veil:

Quote:
Posted: Sunday, October 14, 2001
Strangely it works in sky (where it is always 6pm). Otherwise it is night only and thus very very useless. Unless you're in sky.
From the link provided by evilkorn.
Old 07-23-2014, 07:50 AM
Planar Protector

So in recap:

Levant should always be night-only through the life of this server.
Quivering Veil should be night only until October 2001 (10 months of Velious)*.
Quivering Veil should always work in PoSky.
PoSky should always show 6PM as the time.

Too long have people DA trained of attained FTE on dragons with both HS and Quivering Veil. But that should not be nearly as reliable anymore.
Old 07-23-2014, 04:10 PM
Planar Protector

Man that's a good classic EQNecro post you dug up, excellent find.

Also please don't omit this:

Quote:
At level 56 I was nearly useless on cazic thule, I used my dinky 49 pet and mana dumped to the clerics. This time around, at 57, the "magical number" was crossed and I could land spells on him. I hit him with 6x splurt (1600 a pop)
Splurt should be landing on Cazic (I've heard some Necros tell me nothing lands on him, might need to be checked) ALSO Splurt does 1600 damage. It's missing its last and most powerful tick on this server (again according to other Necros and the Wiki), and has been bugged for a loooooooooong fucking time here.
Old 07-23-2014, 04:19 PM
Planar Protector

That necro forum is pretty good in general. I've heard people complain here about how EoT pet is horrible and non-classic... Everything those forums talk about seem to suggest that EoT was actually very bad in classic. Didn't dual wield, low max hit, etc. The one thing they talk about is how the pet is only usable cause his higher level let him hit more often and whatnot.

Got some good posts on Holgresh elder beads too for Velious:

Post 1

Post 2

Also, is this you Potus?
Last edited by Daldaen; 07-23-2014 at 04:29 PM..
Old 07-23-2014, 04:31 PM
Planar Protector

Yup that's me. Emissary of Thule, like the Duck Staff, launched super bugged and got fixed eventually, I want to say around Velious. It *should* quad on this server.

In general all the Kunark pets are a fucking dumpster fire. Necros sucked dick during this period and it's pretty classic that they suck on this server.

Here's some Emissary of Thule shit:

Quote:
61, Double Attack (random), Bash 40, Kick 40, Dual Wield (auto), Triple Attack, Procs a minor drain life spell (?)
It's not DW'ing on Red because no pets are innately DW'ing on red. Fucking bugged for more than a year [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Last edited by Potus; 07-23-2014 at 04:37 PM..