Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 12-01-2018, 03:29 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muggens [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
More than one shaman are called shamen
These are good ^^ [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 12-01-2018, 03:56 AM
Planar Protector

Ebeneezer Scrooge [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 12-01-2018, 04:42 AM
Fire Giant

Depends on the situation. Duoing with a monk in Sol B or KC basement? I'd probably use 70%. Full group with high dps against lower HP mobs? I might use the 50% slow or no slow at all. I really only break out the 75% solo or on longer fights. For example, duoing with a lower dps class like an SK in velks, 75% might be worth the additional mana.

Part of being a good shaman is getting a feel for mana efficiency. For example, in a duo pre-torpor you want to slow to an extent where you don't really have to heal. With a monk wearing fungi and regrowth in KC basement, 70% should be more than enough, so using the 75% is just wasting mana that could be used on other spells (e.g. less canni time, more JBB). If 70% isn't enough, then it makes sense to bump up to 75% since that is more mana efficient than having to cast a heal.

Basically, tailor your play style and spell selection to the needs of the situation.
Old 12-01-2018, 06:37 AM
Aviak

Ya even in the lower levels down ranking is very useful - its better to slow every mob by 30% then every other mob by 50%
Old 12-01-2018, 09:55 AM
Sarnak

It's not about so much of the 5% more slow or the 75 more mana than it is that turgurs has a 40% reduction in cast time at 3 sec vs 5. 5 is a crazy long time.
Old 12-01-2018, 11:01 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbosilk [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It's not about so much of the 5% more slow or the 75 more mana than it is that turgurs has a 40% reduction in cast time at 3 sec vs 5. 5 is a crazy long time.
Yes the cast time difference is crucial.

Also, while there are theoretically situations where using togors would be more ideal, I think it's not usually worth it to worry about. Spell slots are valuable and I don't think it's worth having two slows memmed, and if you usually want to be prepared for the toughest situations that come at you. Slows are some the most mana efficient spells in the game, so that extra 5%, longer duration, and shorter cast time are often worth it. If there are situations where togors would be more efficient, there are often better ways to deal with the situation than with a slow, such as root parking, throwing a heal or two, nuke with jbb, undead fear or snare.

As for lower levels, I haven't really done much of an analysis but it doesn't seem like slows are worth it until maybe level 30? It's been a while since I played or even longer since I leveled the shaman. Slows are not high %'s at low levels, mobs don't hit particularly hard, and they don't last very long either. They scale very well and become much more powerful at higher levels.

I think the only time i would mem togors over turgurs would be i had a very good idea how long the target NPC's would take to die, but if there were any variables in the situation I usually wouldn't.
Old 12-01-2018, 03:27 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I believe the consensus is that you always want the best one, until you get Turgur's Insects. For many fights the 75% of Turgur's, at a cost of 250, isn't worth the extra 75 mana for 5% more slow compared to Togor's (70% slow for 175 mana).

Personally I just use Turgur's for everything though. We're Shaman, we have Cannibalize and (at 60) Torpor: we have mana to burn
For the record I bug reported this, I believe Togor's should cap much sooner regardless of SPDAT data. So eventually, if evidence is to be believed, there will be a much wider gap between Turgur's and Togor's... making Turgur's more the 'go to' slow in most situations.
Old 12-01-2018, 05:27 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swish2 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Nobody knows which one you're casting
The slows actually have very obviously different cast times- Anyone that cares to know can easily figure it out by watching the shaman cast.

~Urrsa -60 Ogre Shaman-
~Gream -60 Dark Elf Cleric-
~Greame -60 Halfling Druid-
~Oppa -41 Dark Elf Enchanter-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haynar View Post
boxers are responsible for ruining EQ.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirken View Post
Rogean sits on his ivory throne and casts lightning bolts at anyone that disagrees with him or goes against the grain.
Old 12-02-2018, 02:09 PM
Banned

For what it’s worth, if I’m power leveling, I like to use the lower lvl slow. I generally pull/root/slow/epic about 6 mobs at a time while the 50+ melee class I’m plvling goes the rounds. I can keep mana under check and spot /invites for Torp shots a lot easier when I’m not having to Canni back 5 mobs x75 mana, tossing epics in the mix, and positioning pet. The higher lvl the offense/defense on the melee further makes the lower lvl slow more practical, and, if they’re paying me for plvl, they usually have the gear to make up for any additional incoming damage. Just my 2cp.

Oh, and hit me up if you want a Plvl [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 12-02-2018, 02:19 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rygar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
For the record I bug reported this, I believe Togor's should cap much sooner regardless of SPDAT data. So eventually, if evidence is to be believed, there will be a much wider gap between Turgur's and Togor's... making Turgur's more the 'go to' slow in most situations.
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Closed Thread