Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 01-03-2019, 11:32 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by maskedmelon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
no I think it is because tempest seems to generate a lotta embarrassing posts liek this. AM on the other hand is home to loose-knit band of high-quality poasters with a talent for winning.
what's embarassing about your post?
Old 01-04-2019, 12:19 AM
Sarnak

Only follow the written word like a true believer.

"if the rules are all you use to determine what you should or shouldn't do, you're probably an a-hole" -soup

Hooden • Xegony enchanter '00 - '02 • <Aeternus> from SoD '06 - '07
Old 01-04-2019, 12:27 AM
Banned

Question

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.][You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.][You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 01-04-2019, 12:33 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Before I get into my post, I'd like to preface by saying that I'm a member of Tempest
Thanks for the warning

Quote:
Tempest is the only weapon that I can wield to achieve this dream.
That may be the nerdiest shit I have read all year.

Quote:
It was founded by and continues to be led by wolves. Veteran raiders
Ah yes. Bellringer and Flickk. Did either of them even play P99 before 2016? Asking for a friend.

Quote:
The end game is a vicious place and requires a particularly savage and objective adherence to beliefs to wade through.
Or a lust for pixels and too much free time.. But whatever.

Quote:
This makes them targets. This makes them difficult to deal with sometimes. And if you have even half an understanding of what they're doing, it makes them very respectable.
What? Who is them? Who is this?

Quote:
We do make mistakes. We own up to our mistakes outright.
100% of the time you own up to your mistakes 22% of the time.

Quote:
Our most criticized moments are often us seeking a change in the competition. If change isn't sought from a mistake, then it wasn't a mistake. We will always and immediately seek that change within. It is always disappointing when we expect others to do the same.
This paragraph reminds me of my freshman year in college when our essays had to be 2000 words long and we needed some filler sentences in order for our paper to make the word-count.

Quote:
In a relatively closed and isolated community like P99, far too much toxicity and hatred exists in the end game content. Tempest holds ourselves to far higher standards than many other raiding guilds because we've realized long ago that adherence to the rules would make us unique.
(Posted 1 day after getting kicked out of ToV). You aren't unique in the slightest. But thank you for letting us into your minds going forward, it helps make sense of things. And I couldv'e sworn Tempest came from Awakened, a guild that disbanded due to... [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Quote:
It would force us to become better players to overcome many inherent disadvantages that we place upon ourselves in order to achieve similar accomplishments as other guilds who would cheat, lie and manipulate not only the server staff but their companions in this community of ours.
More grandstanding. You follow the rules SO WELL that you're at a complete disadvantage over other guilds who just ignore them, right? Alright bro.

Quote:
This has made Tempest a target from day one. You see it in RNF threads. You see it just standing in ToV. We are a target because we are better.
Better at what dude. <Kittens Who Say Meow> got 3x more mobs than you, literally.

Quote:
I don't take offense to their pathetic RNF posts and attempts to goad our players. It's a sign that we've bothered them.
But your essay isn't a sign of anything? Kk.

Quote:
It's proof that they feel threatened, embarrassed and probably jealous of what Tempest has done and continues to do.
I am embarrassed for you.

Quote:
They will continue to lurk in our guilds on "secret" alts. They will continue to log in on stolen guild character accounts to read guild chat.
Server has been out 9 years, anyone can read other peoples' guild chat, twitter, and even Discord if they really want to. If you are sitting here thinking nobody in Tempest has read Aftermath's shit, you are dumber than originally thought.

Quote:
Really the worst part of it is that so few people seem to understand the server situation.
Server Situation:
Aftermath officer: Hello, you had a 3rd tracker past zone line. He is actually still there right now if you want to take a look before killing this mob.
Tempest leader: ARE YOU ASKING FOR A CONCEDE?
Aftermath officer: Just asking you to do the right thing, and like I said, he is still there and has not moved, take a look for youself.
Tempest leader: STOP TALKING TO ME! *deguilds 3rd tracker* *kills mob* *oopsie*
Quote:
The community continues to swell numbers of toxic players. There exists an absolutely disgusting amount of players who have been outright banned from the game but are allowed to continue spitting vitriol on the forums with no other goal other than to disrupt and damage this community.
Oh the irony.

Quote:
That's what they want from this community, and that's what they're getting. It remains largely unchecked in game as well.
Can your guild go one day without subtly bashing the staff?

Quote:
The only way forward is to become a better player. This server will only exist in a playable state if individual members come to this realization and seek to make it a better place. That's what Tempest is trying to do with the end game raid scene, and we are facing incredible opposition.
Servers' been around awhile, mostly without you and your high horse lectures. But yes, we all shall strive to be like <Tempest>.

Quote:
Yes, we restrict our members from speaking in RNF because it really has no reason to exist. You should notice that it is the only place our competition feels safe enough to talk. It's the only place they tell their jokes and comfort eachother with rhetoric.
Reality: Every single person knows why RNF gags exist - It's so you can project a better imagine to GMs in hopes of receiving better rulings. I was in YOUR guild, those exact words were spoken. That's THE reason for RNF gags. But GMs aren't stupid, nor do they really care whats uttered on RNF, its RNF for a reason, and server history proves gags do very little for "image."
Quote:
Here's the fun thing they don't even realize though: Tempest isn't engaging in these tit-for-tat squabbles.
You literally just wrote a novel in response to said RNF. Are you this fucking stupid? Your moral high ground shows in almost every single paragraph. It's actually cringeworthy now.

Quote:
RNF continues to be a cesspool of community delinquents and players who are banned from the game.
I'm looking at names of the replies in this thread, and holy shit, you're right!

Quote:
Some of these cancers we've been ridden of, others I hope the server staff will soon recognize for what they are and properly address.
Thats why RNF was created you dunce, to put all the trolling and asshattery in one section. Way to be #aboveit by RNFing in your own guild thread instead. Way classier.

Your entire essay was hopeless and yet remained comical considering what just occurred (reminds me of Awakened). Thank you for the lecture on how we should all be like your guild. I've never seen such elitism and grandstanding by somebody in my life. It tells us one thing.. you live in a fucking bubble of regurgitated fake news that you are devouring hook, line, and sinker.

I've been around the server long enough to know Tempest is not superior in any way whatsoever. Tempest doesnt have higher standards, better attitudes, better players, or anything remotely consistent to the fantasy you are projecting. I am 100% sure Tempest has many great players with great attitudes, but so does every guild. It's a fucking video game dude, and that's rich coming from me. Sorry it didn't turn out as expected, but that's the nature of the beast.
/bye.
Old 01-04-2019, 12:34 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by slayerofwither [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Just because you zerg with 2.5x the next guild doesn't make you 1,2 and 3 silly........
Tempest anon account detected. Really, why not just lift the gag order? It is so obvious the posters that are in Tempest. Such silly nonsense rules. I mean, this was a good joke, and I don't want to give credit to the whole guild for it.
Old 01-04-2019, 12:45 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogma [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Before I get into my post, I'd like to preface by saying that I'm a member of Tempest who is a bit of an idealist. I have my own unrealistic hopes for this server that are the primary reason I choose Tempest as my home. Tempest is the only weapon that I can wield to achieve this dream. The following are all my opinions only. Feel free to agree.

Tempest was founded with ambitious and perhaps arrogant goals: We're going to be the better players.

It was founded by and continues to be led by wolves. Veteran raiders who share similar goals as mine, but are very much better suited to dealing with the current raid scene. The end game is a vicious place and requires a particularly savage and objective adherence to beliefs to wade through. This makes them targets. This makes them difficult to deal with sometimes. And if you have even half an understanding of what they're doing, it makes them very respectable.

I say better and not best because we are fallible. We do make mistakes. We own up to our mistakes outright. We concede mobs when we've botched the pull. Our most criticized moments are often us seeking a change in the competition. If change isn't sought from a mistake, then it wasn't a mistake. We will always and immediately seek that change within. It is always disappointing when we expect others to do the same.

In a relatively closed and isolated community like P99, far too much toxicity and hatred exists in the end game content. Tempest holds ourselves to far higher standards than many other raiding guilds because we've realized long ago that adherence to the rules would make us unique. It would force us to become better players to overcome many inherent disadvantages that we place upon ourselves in order to achieve similar accomplishments as other guilds who would cheat, lie and manipulate not only the server staff but their companions in this community of ours.

This has made Tempest a target from day one. You see it in RNF threads. You see it just standing in ToV. We are a target because we are better. We are succeeding greatly at extreme disadvantages and players in other guilds can't stand it.

I don't take offense to their pathetic RNF posts and attempts to goad our players. It's a sign that we've bothered them. It's proof that they feel threatened, embarrassed and probably jealous of what Tempest has done and continues to do. The rhetoric remains inane chatter that shows the abysmal creativity and stooping moral standards of our competition.

They will continue to lurk in our guilds on "secret" alts. They will continue to log in on stolen guild character accounts to read guild chat. They will continue to eaves drop in our VOIP. They will continue to post screenshots from our Member perspective like it's some kind of holy grail for them.

And we will continue being better.

Really the worst part of it is that so few people seem to understand the server situation.

The community continues to swell numbers of toxic players. There exists an absolutely disgusting amount of players who have been outright banned from the game but are allowed to continue spitting vitriol on the forums with no other goal other than to disrupt and damage this community. That's what they want from this community, and that's what they're getting. It remains largely unchecked in game as well.

The only way forward is to become a better player. This server will only exist in a playable state if individual members come to this realization and seek to make it a better place. That's what Tempest is trying to do with the end game raid scene, and we are facing incredible opposition. These players who relish in the disorder they can sow and profit from never seem to miss a chance to take a stab at Tempests efforts in this regard.

Yes, we restrict our members from speaking in RNF because it really has no reason to exist. You should notice that it is the only place our competition feels safe enough to talk. It's the only place they tell their jokes and comfort eachother with rhetoric.

Here's the fun thing they don't even realize though: Tempest isn't engaging in these tit-for-tat squabbles. RNF continues to be a cesspool of community delinquents and players who are banned from the game. Some of these cancers we've been ridden of, others I hope the server staff will soon recognize for what they are and properly address.

So here's my invitation to the rest of the playerbase in helping acknowledge these people for what they are. Join us in our effort to make this server what it should be.

This server is too small and isolated to be pricks to eachother. The server has too much potential for us to hold long term grudges. It's time for people to grow up and be accountable. Be respectable.

We're all adults here. I'm proud to be part of the guild that doesn't hide that fact.
lol who is this clown?
Old 01-04-2019, 12:58 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pint [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
lol who is this clown?
kinda proving his point arentcha?
Old 01-04-2019, 01:00 AM
Fire Giant

Remember when Tempest officers tried to exploit plat from Franswa to not petition over Fear minis?

#higherstandards #beingbetter #unrealistichopes
Old 01-04-2019, 01:03 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pint [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
lol who is this clown?
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 01-04-2019, 01:07 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baylan295 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Bro why you throwing shade like that?
Sorry BB <3

I will make amends!