Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-29-2019, 12:13 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valion [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Just don't forget until the quest is re-implemented practice rune research isn't possible due to the lack of a Concordance of Research.
You can train Research all the way up to 200 at the guild master. Practice research has always been a joke.
Old 10-29-2019, 12:22 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by skorge [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
First of all I am glad the staff at P99 chose to implement how a mage works at classic. I am the main one that called for mage changes as I played a mage at launch, one of the very few. Big up to Dolalin for researching everything and providing proof.

Secondly to respond to your quote, there is actual proof of this from an interview with Brad in 1999. Brad himself referred to these changes an actual "enhancement" to the mage class and not a bug.

Finally, in actual vanilla classic, research skill was busted. In other words, it was IMPOSSIBLE to obtain a pet post 20 for 2.5 months in EQ. You are lucky they chose to have research actually working at these levels.

The amount of enemies I made on these forums when I first posted this stuff about mages was insane, lol...but in the end it's all about making the server more classic. Being a mage at launch was a totally different experience than it is on blue. You should be embracing it and looking at it s a positive thing. This all goes away in 2.5-3 month range. You can say you were part of a small group who had to research their pets as a mage. This is a good thing...you are experiencing being a mage in real 1999 (minus pets having casting spells which Green 2.0 will probably fix).
I’m going to try to see it in this light, shits classic means shits classic I guess.
Old 10-29-2019, 12:46 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hagglebaron [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So mages are supposed to level up an entire trade skill, scour the world for materials, many of them completely random drops and rare, just to use their pets.

Verant changed this for a reason, but hey if shits classic shits classic I guess...
Oasis crocs drop a ton of research materials, as does stuff in mistmoore and unrest. Check the vendors near there.
Old 10-29-2019, 01:00 PM
Planar Protector

wtb Gloves of Rallos Zek

PM
Old 10-29-2019, 01:13 PM
Banned

ImAgiNe playIng EvErQueSt?!?!

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 10-29-2019, 01:22 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hagglebaron [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I figured this was the case lol. Sucks that a few people seem to be deadset on ruining a class for everyone else.

Skilling up research, finding the right mats, and praying your combine doesn’t fail is a truly shity experience. Having to do it just to use the main tool of a class is nonsense.
Making it classic is a success for this project. I fail to see how anything was ruined.
Old 10-29-2019, 01:26 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolalin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Research was put into the game as a brake on casters powering through content in a couple weeks. It's a timesink specifically designed for launch so Verant wouldn't lose their shirts. It serves its designed purpose pretty well imo.
This guy is making shit up as it goes, what a troll [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 10-29-2019, 01:27 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nirgon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Making it classic is a success for this project. I fail to see how anything was ruined.
Mage pets currently unclassic op.
Old 10-29-2019, 01:42 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolalin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
A lot of people need to make peace with the fact that the reason classic EQ was so rewarding was because it was so unforgiving. The pleasure and pain are intertwined. Just roll with it.
WTH are you talking about ? people abandonned the class in classic.
So many people giving opinions that were not even playing during the couple fist months.

Then they come here speaking as if they knew how it was. 200 people in a zone... it was like this at launch they said. All people speaking out of their hole [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

And pet did not inccur any penalty on exp at launch period. I am sorry you guys weren't playing at the time. Those who did know.

So our nerds decided they would mess the mages, lets roll with it who cares. This server will be abandonned in a couple weeks when everyone is 50 and there is nothing to do.
Old 10-29-2019, 01:43 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chortles Snort|eS [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
ImAgiNe playIng EvErQueSt?!?!
Like you're doing right now?

Yikes [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Closed Thread