Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 01-07-2020, 10:49 AM
Aviak

Default If Servers Merge what about xtra Toons?

To explain more, in the event of Teal and Green re-merging.

What happens if I already have 8 toons on Green and 8 Toons on Teal?

And Further more what about much later when everything dumps onto Blue?

And please don't get me wrong, I am for both eventually, I love the idea of everything dumping onto a set server after a 2+year cycle, and the "green" server restarting fresh.
but I am curious and concerned about this.

Obligatory, I apologize if this has already been discussed, I have not seen it.
Old 01-07-2020, 11:09 AM
Aviak

Had the same concerns. I made different login server accounts for them to avoid any possible future issues. I've read that if you have the max amount of chars on a server, you would have to delete characters to see the overflow characters. Maybe they could create some process to export server characters to a new account or something but who knows what'll go down. I'd like to know what ideas have been floated around about it also, just out of curiosity.
Old 01-07-2020, 11:11 AM
Planar Protector

No one knows, they haven't announced anything, or haven't decided, P99 doesn't delete leveled toons generally, they will advise us on the situation when its going to happen. Even Teal > Green merge is too far away to worry about this, make your dudes and have fun they'll be fine somehow.

That being said, its very common to have multiple accounts instead of stacking your box with eight toons, so feel free to do that if it makes you feel better.
Old 01-07-2020, 05:45 PM
Planar Protector

They didn't expect people to play 8 toons on both, or at all. Teal was made as an alternative, not in addition. So those people will probably have to delete extra characters - just like they did when servers merged in Classic.

Blue
Tofusin - 60 Monk <BDA>
Shiroe - 60 Enchanter
Manowarr - 60 Druid
Old 01-07-2020, 09:13 PM
Sarnak

I had that thought before green came on as well.
I created a new account to play green on so I don't have to delete any of my toons on blue at merge.
Old 01-07-2020, 09:55 PM
Planar Protector

Rogean talked about this in a livestream he did a few months ago. He said all the characters will be on the account but the client will only display the first 8 in alphabetical order. You would have to delete chars to get to the deeper ones
Old 01-10-2020, 01:33 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kavious [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Rogean talked about this in a livestream he did a few months ago. He said all the characters will be on the account but the client will only display the first 8 in alphabetical order. You would have to delete chars to get to the deeper ones
This will be a crisis given that most people just make names starting between A-C to get those alpha loot benefits.
Closed Thread