Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 01-12-2020, 06:05 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkfuneral [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
My intention here isn't to bash staff Im just being honest but if you feel like I should be banned so be it
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkfuneral [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Nothing about p99 is classic
i'M bEiNg tOtAllY hOneST
Old 01-12-2020, 06:10 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
My intention here isn't to bash staff Im just being honest but if you feel like I should be banned so be it
A man can dream though.
Old 01-12-2020, 06:10 PM
Banned

Nothing about p99 is classic [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 01-12-2020, 06:25 PM
Planar Protector

OMG I got his attention! /em squeals

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Quote:
Originally Posted by nilbog [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
source?
I'm going by two things. First, the wiki: if you look at the history of the Recommended Levels and ZEM List, you'll see that some version of the same verbiage has been there since 2011!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiki (emphasis added)
In the old days of live EQ the server sent the actual ZEM values, which were recorded by studious players. These values were used as a basis for the EQEmu numbers, and so are in place on most stock EQEmu servers. These numbers were never known to have changed over the history of classic EQ live.

The developers of p1999 have stated that they will not publicly release the current ZEM list, in the spirit of classic EQ.

The "stock" values given here, which may be representative as a whole, have definitely been changed in some zones.
When it comes to P99 knowledge, I defer to my elders, and my assumption was that if that was true in 2011, and no one has seen you post a contradiction to it since, then it's probably still true in 2020.

BUT ... if I can infer from your one-word post that that's not the case (please tell me I can), then I would LOVE to correct that 9-year-old incorrect bit of wiki verbiage ... it's just that to my knowledge your one word post here is the entirety of what you've ever said about the matter.

My second "source" would be Kedge. I don't have the evidence handy right now, but I know people have reported the zone having a good ZEM in clasic, and the stock EQ Emu value for it is 100 (which would equate to a 143% increase) .. or at least it is according to the wiki. (I swear I tried digging through the EQEmu GitHub but all I could find were the DB migrations; I don't know where they keep the seeds/fixture data. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.])

In any event, it certainly didn't seem to have a 143% mod on Blue when I last leveled there. But I freely admit I haven't researched this: because of my first "source", I really thought your team wasn't interested in any such research.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 01-12-2020, 06:27 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smellybuttface [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Loramin I'm afraid you lost some major credibility points on the forums [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
LOL, if I cared about "forum credibility points" I'd ... well I'd probably kill myself.

My previous post explains the logic of my thinking. If Nilbog is willing to break is silence to correct me, I truly don't see that as a loss: I am more than happy to have him "school me", and get more info for us all at my personal expense.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 01-12-2020, 06:50 PM
Sarnak

Level req's on epics make me sad because I can't de-level myself and start a newgame+
Old 01-12-2020, 09:40 PM
Sarnak

I wish the high ZEM zones would rotate monthly or something. Custom content idea for blue!
https://wiki.project1999.com/Magelo_Blueeepinya
Old 01-12-2020, 10:01 PM
Kobold

/guildwar = classic custom content
Old 01-12-2020, 10:02 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxchris509 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I wish the high ZEM zones would rotate monthly or something. Custom content idea for blue!
+1
Old 01-12-2020, 10:04 PM
Banned

Quote:
P99 isn't what it used to be, all these changes including rooted dragons and lists has nothing to do with classic Everquest. Sadly dragons weren't even rooted in live velious but its what Nilbog wants so what can we do /shrug
Quote:
I should be banned
Talking about the good ol days on a 2019er account. Bringing the real honesty on an alt so your main doesn't get nuked? Very immersed pixel protection.

butt hurt losers

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Closed Thread