Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 01-15-2020, 03:22 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whirled [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I have to work with someone who always says, "Do you know what I'm saying?"

Or when people say, "Can I ask you a question?". You just did. /bonk
This gives someone the opportunity to say "Can you come back in a few minutes I'm in the middle of something."
Old 01-15-2020, 04:35 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sethius Marlowe [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This is an ideal way to gauge general interest in the item as a seller.
This is an ideal way to be extra annoying in your transaction because it very transparently shows that you are hoping to scrape every coin possible from the interaction by hoping that the second party isn't knowledgeable about the pricing of the item and offers above the average rate. But you do you.
Old 01-15-2020, 10:46 PM
Kobold

I was there. I was right there when this began. I remember it so clearly.

"Why are you saying PST?" I would ask, "It is implied." I would say. We fought the good fight, but alas we lost. PST remains even to this day.
Old 01-16-2020, 02:56 PM
Kobold

I remember on vazaelle at least, when the first morons started adding pst to auctions, before that it was just common sense to send the person a tell, not ooc, shout, /say etc. Sadly, mankind as a whole has lost common sense altogether, as well I swear the intelligence of the world has declined so rapidly in the past 10-15 years it terrifies me as to where the future is going. PST has always driven me nuts, its the same as how the media managed to create an entirely new word (pleaded...used to be plead and plead [and if you don't know the difference you're as stupid as the media]....shit drives me nuts lol
Old 01-16-2020, 03:10 PM
Planar Protector

And after it all started in EQ it carried over to WoW, where people starting thinking it was phonetic since tells in WoW are called whispers. So thinking it meant like "pssst" they started using it as a verb such as "PST me for price".

If you thought the people who started saying this shit in EQ were dense, try explaining to b.net kids that it was actually an acronym involving a term which didn't even exist in World of Whispertells.

And then there is the delightful variant of "PST tells to me".
Old 01-16-2020, 03:16 PM
Sarnak

I think from now on when I auction something in the EC tunnel, I will end with "PST tells to me" for shiz and giggles....and to see if anyone from the forums is on.
Old 01-16-2020, 03:32 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecily [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I bought a couple hair removal lasers this week. The first woman wanted $17.50 for an IPL (intense flashed light) kit worth $200+, so I offered her $25.00 to come meet me. She was like "Okay."

It's a nice item, but it's tediously time consuming. Just to get my legs done, this laser is better for body hair, took an hour. I have to do it every 2 weeks.

I'm waiting on a different type of laser that I can use for my face worth $400 dollars that another woman was asking $175 for. I offered $100 and she dropped to $140. I said okay. Free shipping, too. Tax came to about $150, so all together $175 for $650 of freaking lasers.

Whole body laser hair removal costs thousands of dollars (per visit!) and these products can achieve similar results over the course of a year, which is about how long professional hair removal would take anyway, so I'm eager to get started.

Wish me luck!
Laser isn't permanent.

You need to find an Electrologist.

http://www.electrology.com/
Old 01-16-2020, 03:37 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tethler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This is an ideal way to be extra annoying in your transaction because it very transparently shows that you are hoping to scrape every coin possible from the interaction by hoping that the second party isn't knowledgeable about the pricing of the item and offers above the average rate. But you do you.
Yes, generally speaking when trying to sell something I want to get as much money as possible for it. Sorry not sorry. This isn't walmart, in this house we haggle and make deals and prices are elastic based on demand.
Old 01-16-2020, 03:39 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjs86z [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Laser isn't permanent.

You need to find an Electrologist.

http://www.electrology.com/
It's permanent-ish. Electrolysis is over $100/hour where I live, and it averages about 100-200 hours for a full beard clear. Laser is quick and dirty. I'm banking on being able to afford that 100/hr easily if and when it comes back.
Old 01-16-2020, 03:53 PM
Banned

Boggled by these expenses for something that still grows back

Razors are cheap
Closed Thread