Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 01-18-2020, 03:12 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd288 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I mean sure, there's differences in DPS and things, but I haven't noticed a material difference in ability to handle yellows and reds, downtime, etc. Pretty much every group I've been in is constantly chain pulling (including yellows and reds) without any twinks at all without issue just like the groups do on Blue.
Yes, groups can still take on yellows. Imagine that.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.][You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.][You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.][You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Find me Monday, Wednesday and Friday @ https://www.twitch.tv/elhefe
Last edited by El-Hefe; 01-18-2020 at 03:21 AM..
Old 01-18-2020, 04:07 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripSin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
300-700 PLAYER SERVERS ARE NOT CLASSIC
jfc, shut up
Old 01-18-2020, 09:48 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripSin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
300-700 PLAYER SERVERS ARE NOT CLASSIC
Neither are list camps and players petitioning for more rules all the time. It's not 1999 anymore.
Old 01-18-2020, 01:10 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swish [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Neither are list camps and players petitioning for more rules all the time. It's not 1999 anymore.
That's a Mic drop statement there. Its not 1999, we all know what's there, virtually no one is exploring the land or taking in lore. We're more tactical about our play time, each according to their priorities. I'm takin a break till sol ro or Kumar cause I have done all I wanted to do in this era. Get a lot of hate in this thread because I expected this to happen. The real question is will people come back? I hope they will, I think they will but we will see.
Old 01-18-2020, 03:35 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swish [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So what? Lists are an excuse to keep or make even more things nonclassic? The fact is simple, no matter how much you may wish to deny it. 300-700 concurrent player counts on a server are not classic. If you merge the servers you would get a more classic player count. This is a simple fact.
Old 01-18-2020, 05:44 PM
Aviak

Quote:
So what? Lists are an excuse to keep or make even more things nonclassic? The fact is simple, no matter how much you may wish to deny it. 300-700 concurrent player counts on a server are not classic. If you merge the servers you would get a more classic player count. This is a simple fact.
Assuming the players don't react to it continue to login and continue to play you're right. I guarantee you that wouldn't happen though. For a little while you'd probably wind up with a slightly Higher Play count but more people would go away quicker. What you got left right now or people building alt people who enjoy soloing and people who are grouping with their Guild or their friends. Merging the servers isn't going to change that it's going to push people out of the game faster nothing is going to get people to go into guk looking for group in the numbers there were back in 1999 or 2000.

This entire misguided idea assumes there are 300 people stuck on each server who just wish they would be merged so they could find a group easier. I can assure you that's not the case. You're like those business Executives who raised the price of the product and then are surprised when people stop buying it and the profit margin collapses or when politicians raise taxes but their revenue collapses because they raise them too high.

Merge the servers you'll probably cause 300 people to quit, get a very short term bumping population leading to a longer slump. If you really want to fix it stop following the original EverQuest timeline because there's nothing to do in the game Beyond a certain point.
Old 01-18-2020, 06:34 PM
Planar Protector

Fear will be here soon that should draw 100ish people back per server
Old 01-19-2020, 03:38 PM
Planar Protector

Back in my day I remember seeing every guard in nfp being an individual camp for high level casters. All cities were loaded with people. Noobs people tradeskilling people always killing guards. No zone was less than 10 people, and this was a lightly populated pvp server.
This server could easily triple the pop. It's supposed to be slow. Everyone just wants to grind in the same spots and be able to kill nonstop...thats not how the game was made.
You know theyve been working on everquest about 20 years if you want to be able to do that, this is a classic server and people are mad because they can't play it like its a modern server.

Oh yea .... Piss Off.

H
Old 01-19-2020, 03:42 PM
Planar Protector

womp
Old 01-19-2020, 03:49 PM
Kobold

what has teal overtaken? :X
Closed Thread