Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 07-17-2020, 12:22 AM
Large Bat

Is this thread a social experiment or something??
Old 07-17-2020, 10:45 AM
Banned

the GMs sent me to relieve all shiftposters from this thread
Old 07-17-2020, 11:24 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSurgeon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Imma agree with this fine fellow. Never before have I witnessed so many mentally disabled cucks doing everything they can to weasel their way into a camp or money or for funsies. This is a toxic as fuck community.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSurgeon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What the OP needs to learn is fuck the play nice policy.
Complaining about people being scum, then encourages being scum. Good troll.
Old 07-17-2020, 11:29 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tethler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Complaining about people being scum, then encourages being scum. Good troll.
Cute cherry pick. Go down a bit more and pluck the piece where I mentioned nice should be default, but when you witness scum, it's time to out scum them. I'd call that being a decent person who isn't about to be railroaded by nerds. The advice everywhere else is don't fight back, just petition and wait. Fuck that. If someone is going to try to bully you out of something do it right back and tell them to get fucked.
Old 07-18-2020, 11:14 AM
Kobold

Obligatory try red. There are really cool people here who don't take the game as seriously.
Old 07-18-2020, 11:21 AM
Planar Protector

GM impersonation is bannable. It's a tactic that will get someone the camp 1 in 1000 times to a newbie who falls for it, and it will get them suspended/banned 1000/1000 times it is reported with screenshots.
Old 07-19-2020, 01:14 AM
Banned

Quote:
I'd call that being a decent person who isn't about to be railroaded by nerds. The advice everywhere else is don't fight back, just petition and wait. Fuck that. If someone is going to try to bully you out of something do it right back and tell them to get fucked.
I've noticed this mentality on P99, and it's one of the reasons I'm so vocal. Like people are so scared to call toxic players out because they're afraid of being attacked for it. I remember EverQuest 20 years ago where players enforced and regulated server rules and etiquette, and it's a large part of what made EverQuest amazing (your reputation actually mattered a lot compared to modern MMOs). Now we have PNP, toxic players, and zerg guilds that have made a lot of that irrelevant unfortunately.

Additionally a lot of these nerds have this mentality that if you aren't a complete push-over then you're obviously an asshole or jerk. These nerds have no idea that part of being a genuinely nice person is standing up for what you believe in and standing your ground and not being a passive-aggressive little bitch who whines in /tells while pretending to like the people who treat them like garbage 24/7.
Old 07-19-2020, 01:17 AM
Kobold

Can i offer you some French cries and a wahhburger??

Def leopard sucks!! (But no it doesn’t)
Old 07-19-2020, 03:54 AM
Planar Protector

Dont let the door hit you on the way back to your safe wow server.
Old 07-19-2020, 04:16 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by gherron [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I noticed a few people poking fun at how he listed his OW rank but to me I read it as him trying to say that he has played games with a lot of toxic players. And I heard OW can get pretty bad.

That being said, I don't think this server is anything like WoW or OW because MOST people are nice. Think you just had a bad day. Sucks, but maybe tomorrow will be better.
I think each page has 1 nice comment each, so regardless of how toxic our community is 1 out of 9 forum posters is a true gem. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Closed Thread