Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

View Poll Results: Do you live in one of America's inner cities?
Yes, I live in a but I got inner city 41 18.55%
Yes, I live in a crime infested inner city 35 15.84%
Yes, I live in a burning crime infested inner city 33 14.93%
Bush burned the crime infested towers 153 69.23%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 221. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 01-10-2019, 11:33 AM
Banned

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 01-10-2019, 11:36 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScaringChildren [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
And how is that working so far?

Almost every conservative talks about Hillary's emails

Almost every leftist talks about Trump & Russia

You can't coddle people.

Give us the pure data.

Google isn't our fuckin' mom.
it's just autocomplete, homie

i know it's a tired argument, but think of a child using google to look up the president and finding DONALD TRUMP RUSSIAN COLLUSION in autocomplete

there's no real need for it, people searching that stuff will search for it regardless of the autocomplete
Old 01-10-2019, 11:40 AM
Planar Protector

Smile

China feels the same way about tiananmen square. don't want people getting radicalized.
Old 01-10-2019, 11:41 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by misterbonkers [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
it's just autocomplete, homie

i know it's a tired argument, but think of a child using google to look up the president and finding DONALD TRUMP RUSSIAN COLLUSION in autocomplete

there's no real need for it, people searching that stuff will search for it regardless of the autocomplete
It contradicts what autocomplete is all about. It's supposed to give you suggestions on what is popular. Period.

I'd rather that child be taught how to think critically than be pampered and shielded from unorthodox content.

That's a soft form of brainwashing and propaganda.

Who made Google the authority on what is moral?

If they're doing this, what else are they doing behind our backs?
Old 01-10-2019, 11:52 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by maskedmelon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
China feels the same way about tiananmen square. don't want people getting radicalized.
Exactly
Old 01-10-2019, 11:55 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by maskedmelon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
you're right, but it feels like there's a difference between the gov't cutting your internet for hours is a touch more severe than just not having it in autocomplete. you're not blocked from searching these things, it just won't do the work for you. but what do i know

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScaringChildren [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It contradicts what autocomplete is all about. It's supposed to give you suggestions on what is popular. Period.

I'd rather that child be taught how to think critically than be pampered and shielded from unorthodox content.

That's a soft form of brainwashing and propaganda.

Who made Google the authority on what is moral?

If they're doing this, what else are they doing behind our backs?
no, autocomplete is just supposed to assist in speeding up your search by inferring what you intend to search for. idk where you get this idea autocomplete is supposed to suggest what's popular. sure that's part of the algorithm but it's not the sole basis
Old 01-10-2019, 11:56 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by costanza [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
i agree with you in principle. and I badly want that tool. the problem is i want law and order to be maintained so I can live safely as a trans woman and watch technology advance radically thru my lifetime. and i am, actually, in my heart, okay with crunching people's liberties with violence in order to have it. The principally-pure free alternative has a lot uncontrolled political conflagration and other weird side effects. Internet livestream rape cults. Thriving CP market. Libertarianism just sucks.

Just welcome the machines already. Wouldn't tyranny be acceptable if it were required to keep the world from drowning in acid? I'm pretty sure that's what it does.

Given the chance I'd vote Romney 2012.
Well this is exactly why I'm not a Libertarian.

I care more for a foundation of rights (like the Constitution) than I do the NAP.

I'm fine with defending those rights with violence if they're under direct threat.

I'm not about to lose my ass with dignity.
Old 01-10-2019, 11:58 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by misterbonkers [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
you're right, but it feels like there's a difference between the gov't cutting your internet for hours is a touch more severe than just not having it in autocomplete. you're not blocked from searching these things, it just won't do the work for you. but what do i know

no, autocomplete is just supposed to assist in speeding up your search by inferring what you intend to search for. idk where you get this idea autocomplete is supposed to suggest what's popular. sure that's part of the algorithm but it's not the sole basis
It's done in the same spirit as China.

Also, autocomplete does both. Google is being dishonest with what they show you. It's not a great way to earn trust with people.
Old 01-10-2019, 12:02 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
totally agree. we know what we're doing. we're doing it for the right reasons and to a lesser extent. free enterprises are far less corruptible and less given to change than public ones even when they enjoy comparably centralized authority. google is good people, they know what is right for the public, unlike the chinese state.
Old 01-10-2019, 12:04 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by costanza [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
i agree with you in principle. and I badly want that tool. the problem is i want law and order to be maintained so I can live safely as a trans woman and watch technology advance radically thru my lifetime. and i am, actually, in my heart, okay with crunching people's liberties with violence in order to have it. The principally-pure free alternative has a lot uncontrolled political conflagration and other weird side effects. Internet livestream rape cults. Thriving CP market. Libertarianism just sucks.

Just welcome the machines already. Wouldn't tyranny be acceptable if it were required to keep the world from drowning in acid? I'm pretty sure that's what it does.

Given the chance I'd vote Romney 2012.
don't disagree. with the dissolution of traditional values, an increasingly authoritarian state becomes necessity. deny man responsibility and you deny him decency.