Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Trading Hub

Old 06-25-2015, 07:00 PM
Kobold

Every time I look at the site, the most recent auctions are anywhere between 4 hours and 17 hours ago. Is this a result of the site or database being down, or the lack of users uploading data? I started P99 a month ago and the site was usually very up to date, but in the past week or two it's never current.
Old 06-25-2015, 07:15 PM
Fire Giant

I've noticed that as well. Also a huge drop in postings across the board. I wonder if it is because a lot of the mules that served as logs are no longer logging the data?
Old 06-25-2015, 08:59 PM
Kobold

I'm still surprised that p99 devs cant set-up a program to extract the /auction chat from EC Tunnel to their Wiki or link in forums. It seems this guy already did most of the work, if him and the devs got together we could get a 24/7 up to date logger. Still I can see why it would be like helping the lazy, if you really want to sell there are other ways to do it, post on forums, or head your but to EC...it's only 1 port away.

Old 06-25-2015, 10:01 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by eqgmrdbz [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm still surprised that p99 devs cant set-up a program to extract the /auction chat from EC Tunnel to their Wiki or link in forums. It seems this guy already did most of the work, if him and the devs got together we could get a 24/7 up to date logger. Still I can see why it would be like helping the lazy, if you really want to sell there are other ways to do it, post on forums, or head your but to EC...it's only 1 port away.
They won't because it isn't classic.

Regarding up to date logs, the users who normally update aren't updating as frequently (and since its 100% reliant on users uploading log data...)

Everything is good on the server end, we just need people to run the log upload program [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 06-29-2015, 05:11 PM
Fire Giant

The site seems to be having an issue with the chrome browser ever since it was updated (maybe a couple months back?) to bring up a list of items to choose from instead of the search bar directly affecting the auction list. Some times it takes up to 30-45 seconds for a search to generate a result, whereas other browsers take only a few seconds. Is anyone else having this issue?
Maamdak Battlebeard - 48 Dwarf Rogue
Crunkasaurus Rex - 49 Ogre Shaman
Mendak - 51 Halfling Druid (Green)

<Paradox> RIP
Old 06-30-2015, 10:38 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shodo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The site seems to be having an issue with the chrome browser ever since it was updated (maybe a couple months back?) to bring up a list of items to choose from instead of the search bar directly affecting the auction list. Some times it takes up to 30-45 seconds for a search to generate a result, whereas other browsers take only a few seconds. Is anyone else having this issue?
Comes up instantly for me - are you using any add ons?

Granted, I'm testing with chromium, not chrome, but its essentially the same.
Old 06-30-2015, 10:42 PM
Fire Giant

I don't know how I always forget to test that part... Yes, it seems to be Kaspersky's web-plugin causing the issue. Works fine if I disable it.
Maamdak Battlebeard - 48 Dwarf Rogue
Crunkasaurus Rex - 49 Ogre Shaman
Mendak - 51 Halfling Druid (Green)

<Paradox> RIP
Old 07-13-2015, 10:19 AM
Kobold

What happened to populate_item_search(); ? It seems like it broke last week. The items box only shows the first option "Show All Items".
Old 07-13-2015, 09:57 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trajor [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What happened to populate_item_search(); ? It seems like it broke last week. The items box only shows the first option "Show All Items".
What browser are you using?

I made an update where it loads the last data from a .js file for caching purposes - it seems like your browser may not be performing the AJAX request.
Old 07-13-2015, 10:01 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by tristantio [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What browser are you using?

I made an update where it loads the last data from a .js file for caching purposes - it seems like your browser may not be performing the AJAX request.
Happens for me as well. Started happening at home on Chrome and at work on Internet Explorer. I have to type in the name of the item and click my correct spelling of the item in the box. However only what i typed is available and the box thinks it doesn't exist. with a ? to its left.

Also the normal item list that loads isn't showing when I first load the page. Normally it would show a list of potions or something.