View Poll Results: Ogre or Troll
Ogre 37 32.46%
Troll 77 67.54%
Voters: 114. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 04-04-2020, 08:16 PM
Kobold

SHM main here

Ogre FSI has very niche uses for a Shaman (clutch gate/root) and I very vividly remember one of the forum users on here conducting a study that showed it doesn't even work half the time and lots of spells still get interrupted. Their stats would be excellent on a warrior/SK but past level 30 Shamans are purely magic users in the support role who won't need the extra STR/STA. This is because of the level cap and their subpar scaling with melee stats among other things.

Troll on the other hand has phenomenal regen that stacks with chloro and is very helpful for keeping your red bar up while you're cannibalizing (i recommend canni dancing to make the most of it) plus they get neat clickies.

TLDR ogre's natural warrior stats becomes useless on a shaman past a certain level and their FSI is overrated, while troll regen helps a lot with canni

23 y/o forever DM and old school fantasy nerd - Discord: midoo
Odym Drekk
- 54 BAR SHM (main) || Midoo - 52 BAR WAR (alt)

Old 04-04-2020, 08:38 PM
Planar Protector

Troll shaman gets snare. IMO, the best thing about rolling Troll over Ogre.
Old 04-06-2020, 11:06 PM
Kobold

I played a barb sham then re rolled to Iksar once kunark was out.
Iksar was way easier to level due to the regen. The difference it made was massive.
I cant really remember too many times when i have died due to being stunned (and even less so once i got torpor), and i have 3 man grouped WW dragons, 2 man lodizal, 6 man grouped hate/fear where i was getting beat on alot etc
The regen makes a difference ALL the time, where as the FSI is situational and as you get higher and have more hp and regen/torpor to deal with things you will die less and less from stun.
You say you play for 1-3 hours a day, i would say you will spend most of your time levelling and not high end raiding - so regen will make the difference for you - go Troll.

I agree that in high end raiding and when soloing/duoing high end content that FSI is a big factor and it becomes a tougher decision - but in this case, for this person - regen would make the most difference.
Closed Thread