Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Casters

Closed Thread

Old 12-19-2019, 06:55 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xanthos [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Thanks everyone. I'll stick it out with my Dark Elf Magician for now. I still think it may be better for me to go Gnome for convenience and ease of gaming. There are lots of gnome mages apparently. Worst case scenario I can make a gnome magician and see how that is.
You should be okay with the DE. Besides Dark Elves are great! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] Yeah like I mentioned before if you still have doubts just level up a gnome for a bit. Not a whole lot, but just enough that you get a general idea of you want to play as one or not. I know you didn't mention playing the other races, but it's worth making a few of the other races to see if you like them or not. You never know!
Old 12-20-2019, 01:27 PM
Aviak

Stick to DE and here is why.

You can do 25-40 with High Keep guard farming... Man the exp is amazing and you can bank serious cash in there. Each guard drops a FS swords sells for 5p and you will be killing soooo many guards. Plus the vendor that sell the Ench spells is neutral so you can sell all the guards swords to him.

I seen plenty of High elf and Gnome magicians in there wrecking away at guards so you still end up messing up the FP faction.

Second you have Guk which is a great place to do 14-25 and Lower Guk 35-50 and you can use the Oger city right next to Guk... So you can bank and sell while the good guys have to run like 5 zones over just to bank.

Halfling guards is another great plat/exp far spot in your high 20's mid 30's. Can't do them if you're hung up on been a good guy.

Been an evil race removes a ton of restrictions when it comes to farming and some of the best money early on is guard farming.
Last edited by Kron; 12-20-2019 at 01:32 PM..
Old 01-04-2020, 02:46 AM
Fire Giant

I am a 60 gnome magician from the red server an one kill away from my orb of mastery (epic). I'd say to you just pick whatever race you feel looks the Coolest cause that's really what it comes down to in the end game. P.m me anytime and I can give you a guide for the easy life as a magician all solo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Last edited by Christina.; 01-04-2020 at 02:49 AM..
Old 01-04-2020, 07:41 AM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by aspomwell [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The Highkeep banker will not kill you as long as you stay on the right side of the counter. Go behind the counter (in the room with her) and she will attack you.

Guards will roam to the front part of the counter though. For necro's it's easy enough to FD bank, for mages I'd suggest being quick!
I've played a lot of DEs and if you pick the right places to hunt early on, you can repair your faction (while leveling) for Qeynos, Highpass, and Kaladim which gives you easy access to banks and vendors all over the world, while still having access to the evil cities when adventuring near Grobb (and Guk is one of the best dungeons for leveling up).

I'll also echo what others have said: Learn about the races, classes, and how they interact in the world and play what you like. There's few if any race/class combinations that are truly terrible and can't be fixed with a little factioning or gearing. So ultimately it mostly comes down to do you enjoy playing a particular character.

P.S. If you do feel like doing a bit of faction work, mage is one of the easiest to do it on with your pet.
Old 01-06-2020, 04:48 AM
Kobold

Yes.
@EndorraFeyborne Discord
Old 01-07-2020, 04:21 AM
Kobold

for what its worth, agnostic gnomes are safe in most of Neriak. You could continue to go there with your gnome. I am bound there as a Gnome Wizard.
Old 01-08-2020, 11:09 PM
Fire Giant

All the races are good [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Humans are the rarest mages but us gnomes are the coolest cause we are tiny lol
Old 02-01-2020, 02:25 PM
Planar Protector

+1 for hide. It makes Dark Elf the best mages. Pretty sure wall scouting can be replicated with shrink potions in must have situations. Nothing replicates permanent invis. Faction is irrelevant 99% of the time and if you choose agnostic you will actually have surprisingly decent faction anyway.
Old 02-01-2020, 06:14 PM
Fire Giant

tldr; none of the 73 class/race combination is wrong and all are highly playable.
Old 02-07-2020, 10:22 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatorsmash [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Just an FYI- good races vs evil races the quality of life stuff as a good race shouldn't be underestimated. Its 9 cities vs 3 and all the xp and stuff quests that go with them
On the other hand, that's 9 cities of *targets* vs 3 for an Evil.